GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Ah! those crazy teens and their junkers...

Default OT: Ah! those crazy teens and their junkers...

Had the day off from work on Wednesday and I was sitting in front of my PC when my 7 year old runs in a says he see's some kids in our yard.

I go to my family room and see this:

I then go outside and I see 4 teenagers by a 90's Honda Prelude on my lawn, trying desparately to put a spare on the left front.

The speed limit on the road by my house is 25, and there's a curve just before a straightaway:

He was probably going around 60 to 65 when he lost control and hit the 1 foot tall curb on the right, he bounced off, tried to correct to the right again and hit a gravel protected drain (this is a new development), which then launched him unto my lawn:

This is where he ended up:

A good 10 feet on my property. I called the police immediately after I saw them trying desperately to put the spare on (his suspension was damaged, he wasn't going anywhere - it was funny watching them try.)

Continued

why didn't you just help them change the tire? you could bend their ear the whole time imparting your responsible car upkeep and driving maturity rather than get them a another bill and reprimand and possibly worse treatment from the cops. weren't you a kid once? I hope you don't mess up your cop karma.
    Last edited by Elekta; 11-30-2006 at 03:46 PM.

~6 speed~ Rear Fogs ~ Shadowline ~ Tow Package ~ OEMMM///S38B38

More:

When the police finally came, the kid told him he was going about 35 to 40. The cop took one look and laughed. He said no way could he could crash like that going 35 or 40. He said it was most likely over 60, and I had to agree.

The kids father came by and started cursing him out, telling him that he was't going to drive that car anymore, and then he told me that his kid would come by and fix the gouges in the lawn (yeah right).

He then tried to drive it out, but his front suspension was torn:

They ended up waiting 7 hours for a flat bed tow truck... I found it all very amusing.

a lesson learned...how long will he remember it
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by 530iTouring
    why didn't you just help them change the tire? you could bend their ear the whole time imparting your responsible car upkeep and driving maturity rather than get them a another bill and reprimand and possibly worse treatment from the cops. weren't you a kid once?
    I'm an adult now with 2 kids who play in that area, and the last thing I need is for some immature kid killing them.

I was never that immature as a kid... I did not drive like a madman down a residential neighborhood full of kids.

the only place i drive like a madman is on a long stretch with some sharp curves in an industrial/business area at about 11p, 6 hours after everyone (including janitors) have long gone.
    Alusil, Dinan DME | ITG Air Filter | Eibach/Bilstein HD | 26/20 Swaybars | Iridium plugs | Depo/ProLumen HID | Optima batt. | no AC | Stoptech brake lines, Frozen rotors, brass bushings, Superblue

Hey man um i understand that u have kids and that he was being a complete ****ing idiot. but man

That was a ****ing dick move.

you probably ruined that kids life for the next couple years. Calling the cops.. ouch. and u cant say uve never ****ed up and made a mistake. driven off the road, or swerved outta control. and if u are the perfect driver, well by all means , flaunt your ****.

sorry to hear bout the gras...
    i hope he does actually come fix it as he should.

o and yea go ahead. call me an ignorant youth.

J.McWaatters
    Last edited by McWatters; 11-30-2006 at 04:16 PM.

I have two small kids too. cop karma is karma; that's all I was trying to say

~6 speed~ Rear Fogs ~ Shadowline ~ Tow Package ~ OEMMM///S38B38

i appologzie for my curse words and their direction. just disapointed

Quote Originally Posted by McWatters
    Hey man um i understand that u have kids and that he was being a complete ****ing idiot. but man

That was a ****ing dick move.

you probably ruined that kids like for the next couple years. Calling the cops.. ouch. and u cant say uve never ****ed up and made a mistake. driven off the road, or swerved outta control. and if u are the perfect driver, well by all means , flaunt your ****.

sorry to hear bout the gras...
    i hope he does actually come fix it as he should.

o and yea go ahead. call me an ignorant youth.

J.McWaatters
    Like I said, the kid was going 60 in a 25 in a residential area. Yes, I'm a dick for wanting to keep my kids alive, but stupidity is always rewarded. Besides, he wasn't going anywhere, he destroyed his suspension going over the curb.

Besides, I didn't curse him out, his father did that and rightly so.

If you're going to kill yourself doing stupid things, do it somewhere where no one can call the police to save your ass...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast