GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: rebuilt the oil pump

ticking could be mechanical, incorrect oil or a pressure leak from the pump or banjo bolts. once I wake up Ill follow your other posts
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

oh I wasn't wrong then, your still asleep ... I wish I would dream like that :P ... have you installed the chips yet?

yes, the chips were the first thing I did on the car. Once I have a little time I'll put the new front end on...I hate clunks.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

cool ... how was the chips at low RPM? any difference you can tell here? I'm anxious to know.

you got the supposed bogus chips from that dude that copied the ones I got. Did you get the 3rd chip for the top end limiter too?

at first the idle was all fukt up, I had to sync the steppers and then the idle is much better, cant balance a coin on the engine yet but havent got to that part. Havent even put the oil pan back on to see what real oil runs like in there.

Quote Originally Posted by grave77
    cool ... how was the chips at low RPM? any difference you can tell here? I'm anxious to know.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

until now I haven't bought anything ... I just want to decide which chip to get, as we were chatting on line, I still need to identify my engine's ID ( compression ratio ) maybe I will need M experts to hint me some tips to know how.

I was wondering what RON your filling in ur car? maybe that affects the idle.

I get rough idle ( hiccuped idle ) when I drive in the traffic jams ... feels like HT wires are leaking or maybe something else. but usually it idles really smooth. a coin wont move.

[qsince the car came with a full tank I would assume its the lowest octane available. Once it runs out Ill put in the best and see from there. Probably spring time.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

seems that you only drove few miles around ... dude you gotta enjoy it by driving it more ... it wont harm her, I guess 8 series hates to stay in the garage and it's one of the reasons of maintenance for most of them cuz they've been stopping for long.

I have a battery tender keeping her warm, I will not take it out on muddy roads. the suspension is first on the list after replacing the oilpan.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

suspension is what am suffering from !! ... the front wheels design with all BMW cars is a headache !!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast