GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Does anyone have access to MB service manual?

Default Does anyone have access to MB service manual?

So our other car (an 05 C240) is nearing 30k/2 years. I am planning on changing coolant, auto tranny fluid, diff fluid, etc... The problem is that there are no service manuals available for sale for this car and the forums are hopeless. After requesting some information on forums I got a few replies telling me about MB ingenious "lifetime" fluid. I realize that there a few of you here that work on cars for a living, any help?
    FS: PBR Deluxe rear brake pads [new]

i don't really have anything that a benz that late, have you tried the dealer? they use to sell a killer manual set for a not so killer deal but benz info is usually hard to come by (*******s)
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

You didn't hear this from me, but try Ebay for manuals on CD.

MB forums are notoriously non-technical.. I posted a question about oil changes on my girlfriend's '93 W124, and most of the answers began with "First you must make sure you buy an oil extraction device, so you don't get your hands dirty..."

I bought a Bentley manual and some possibly bootlegged service manuals on CD, and haven't looked back to the forums since.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity
    You didn't hear this from me, but try Ebay for manuals on CD.

MB forums are notoriously non-technical.. I posted a question about oil changes on my girlfriend's '93 W124, and most of the answers began with "First you must make sure you buy an oil extraction device, so you don't get your hands dirty..."

I bought a Bentley manual and some possibly bootlegged service manuals on CD, and haven't looked back to the forums since.
    Lol, yeah they love those oil extraction things. Most of the topics over there start with: "hey check out my new shiny wheels!". Waiting for Benteley to release a manual. Doubt they will anytime soon now that MB had that maintance free program for most of W203 cars.

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    i don't really have anything that a benz that late, have you tried the dealer? they use to sell a killer manual set for a not so killer deal but benz info is usually hard to come by (*******s)
    I am afraid to go the dealer for that distinct reason.

Default here is a good site

try mercedesshop.com

There are plenty of knowledgeable guys there. However, they tend to know more about older cars (especially diesels). Most guys with 2005 benzes probably don't want to get their hands dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Anton CH.
    So our other car (an 05 C240) is nearing 30k/2 years. I am planning on changing coolant, auto tranny fluid, diff fluid, etc... The problem is that there are no service manuals available for sale for this car and the forums are hopeless. After requesting some information on forums I got a few replies telling me about MB ingenious "lifetime" fluid. I realize that there a few of you here that work on cars for a living, any help?
    1992 BMW 525iT (sold)
    1998 V70R

Yeah, Mercedesshop is aces for older cars, particularly diesels.

But Benzworld.org is not bad for newer cars -- better than mercedesshop, IMO. There's a huge amount of political soapboxing but the tech stuff is still there if you search the archives.

One thing mercedesshop has is a link to subscribe to the Benz EPC online.
    http://www.mercedesshop.com/shopforu...t.php?f=1&a=47

If I had a late-model Mercedes I'd investigate this resource.

Well, I just tested the link I posted and it doesn't work. Here's the direct Mercedes EPC link: https://epc.startekinfo.com/epc/welcome.jsp

Default What you will need is the WIS, its available on ebay

for about 20 dollars , you'll want the newest version and its a pain to navigate your way through but its what the dealer uses. The version i have isn't new enough for your car since i don't work on any 05's yet. The bmw tis is much easier to use and better designed than the mercedes wis but the wis is typically pretty complete as far as maintenance schedules and procedures.

Quote Originally Posted by Anton CH.

Thanks for the input guys