GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: My Eagle-Eye clear corner experience

Default My Eagle-Eye clear corner experience

I had a melted turn-signal since the PO installed the bulb incorrectly, so when that bulb went out I had to break it apart to get it separated. Anyway, I figured now was as good of time as any other to start the clear light changeover (new fogs, new headlight lenses, and new corners). I started with the corners since they were an inspectible must (couldn't put a new bulb in the original lens bucket).

So I scoured e-bay for them and was a little suprised to see a set for $4.99. I thought either they were poorly made or just a ruse to get people bidding. I figured what the hell, bid, and won two days later for... $4.99. Now sure, shipping is 15 bucks, which tells me, "Okay, these guys make the money on the shipping because this weighs hardly nothing, but who cares, its still cheap."

The seller has 10266 ratings, and 97+% positive so I felt pretty good about this one. The only thing I noticed was he doesn't accept credit card. Just Paypal, money-order or personal check. So it took 3 days to get a check out to them, I got a tracking number e-mail on the 3rd day. 8 days after the auction ended, the lights arrived in the mail. Initially I'm thinking its just the buckets/lenses. While waiting for them to arrive, I debated on using clear bulbs or orange ones. I opted for clear bulbs and change them if it was an absolute must only at the inspector (they never complained before with other cars).

I was suprised to find this.

Behind the bucket the clip-in tabs were there, a bag of new screws, and the orange bulbs. The bubble wrap wasn't the only thing in the box, there was a lot of packing foam too; pretty well protected.

Time of install was about 25 minutes because of a little difficulty getting to the screws holding the original lights on. This is before :

...and this is after :

...and a little close-up :

This truly made me realize how dirty my headlight glass is, so that's probably what I'll be getting next along with the CCFL -eye rings (might as well while I'm in there). Fog-lights may have to wait a little longer. Anyway, the moral of the story is, the quality of the corners I got were as good as OEM ones, and the little rubber drain hoses were attached on the backsides of them which my OEM ones didn't have. Install was pretty easy, the overall look was good, they fit well (tight, no looseness whatsoever) and the price was right. If anyone else is interested in these, here's the link for them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/89-96...QQcmdZViewItem

"Scarlet" `97 540/6 with sleepy mods.
    "Box Car" '87 535isA - Old School Charm, new school Flair

headlights? This is easier and cheaper:
    http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthr...15548#poststop
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Ohhh definitely acquired taste. I have two sets of these and three sets of the 'frosted' clear ones. I haven't even opened the chrome ones :| Makes the car a little over the top for me. Now... the fogs are a different story. I've got these ready to install: http://www.procarparts.com/store-det...=onlinestoreDB

EDIT: Speaking of fogs, it looks like you'll need some!
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

Looks really nice. Congrats on getting a deal and having it work out so well quality-wise.
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

Looks good, and your right about the headlights.

I think I'll do both on mine. I already put clear markers on the front quarter panels... super cheap, and I thought if I like them, then I may do the corner lights and eventually the tail lights.

Looks so good, it gives the car such a super clean look.

Where are you going to buy your headlights? And, do you have any photos of doing the install? I could use some direction.

Thanks!
    1995 540i E34 Green V8 4.0L Auto Style 5's 200,000 KM's

I saw one source for clear, reflective-patternless glass, but I can't recall where. When the time comes, it'll be those going on as well as CCFL eye rings since I'd have to take the glass off to put them on anyway.

"Scarlet" `97 540/6 with sleepy mods.
    "Box Car" '87 535isA - Old School Charm, new school Flair

You got a good deal. Looks nice.
    (SOLD) 92 525ia M50 | NGK plug | JVC AR560 | EAT chip | California

I'm going with the smilies, just need to find the right spot to buy them.
    1995 540i E34 Green V8 4.0L Auto Style 5's 200,000 KM's