GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Evaporator removal - so close! (m)-

Default Evaporator removal - so close! (m)-

Argh!

In the middle of an A/C rebuild- I've got the car in a million pieces and am stuck. While I have managed to remove everything else, I simply cannot get the evaporator out of the case. Bentley just says 'slide it out', well, that's not happening. Does anyone know any tricks? My guess is that all the sealing foam is holding it in there, but I'm not sure. I would hate to pull the entire heater core....
    Here are some links to pics to illustrate the mess I'm making.
    Condensor and radiator out

Some of the parts out

Stuck evaporator

If I can pull this off I promise to do a thorough write-up for Bruno or whoever's interested.

-Rob

it slides right out, when reinstaling evap pull out the temp probe on the left side before you shove the evap back in, then push the probe back into the evap once it's inplace
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Default Thanks Winfred (m)-

You were right, I pulled out the evaporator temp sensor probe and the microfilter, and with a little force it popped out. She's all back together again, and has held a vacuum for 2 hours, so I'm about to charge the system and see how it goes. Now I have to figure out why my windshield wipers are running all the time (pulled fuse 34 in the mean time...)

-Rob

someone hasn't added anything to your fuse box lately have you/they? theres one position for a wiper/washer relay that not all cars use, if you put a relay there if it didn't come with one the wipers stay on when the washers are used
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

this one

Default No, no new fuses or relays (m)-

No one besides me has been under the hood of this car since 2000, so that's not the issue. I didn't undo any wire harnesses on the driver's side of the dash, over the weekend, so I don't know what's going on. Perhaps I pinched something in the steering column.
    In any case, the A/C works, and it won't rain here for another 8 months or so, so life is good!