GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: heating problem

Default heating problem

ive got a 1995 525tds 227919 miles yes thats right.The problem has just started i fitted new engine mount and fan belt and 5 days later on the motorway temp went from half to nearly red then back down to half i changed the thermostat day after it seemed fine but the electric fan keeps kicking in now and then 1 week later temp goes up again to red the car lost power so i pulled up checked under bonnet all ok ,started car back up temp back down to half fan on but drove home fine,Il just add that the engine its self does not appear hot to touch inlet manifold is cool but pipes around heater box at back of engine are very hot been told it could be something to do with electrics where the water pipes run through to get the engine hot faster as it only takes 0.7 of a mile to up to running temp the oil is fine and water is fine i can take expansion cap off when temp in red and nothing boils out and not alot of pressure there to say its in the red

truely make sure it is bled correctly, sounds like you have air trapped in the system somewhere.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

is there any special way of bleeding them up i know on the petrol ones there is a bleed bolt but cant see one on this

took radiator off yesterday and thought id change water pump as well took it out and the fins on the inside move on the shaft when turning in opposite directions these i am sure are suposed to be solid may have found the problem