GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: End of day 2 still going - M60 Intake gaskets and PCV plate

Default End of day 2 still going - M60 Intake gaskets and PCV plate

Hi All,

Atlast I have taken the intake manifold out after some mistakes which I have to correct now. I need answers to these questions

1. I am planning to remove all the vaccum hoses and install new ones. Stealer doesn't have them in stock I have been waiting for a week already. They all look identical to me. Can I get a few feet of this hose from some other place?

2. When I severed the fuel line on the driver side (It wouldn't budge), there was not much pressure. Just some fuel dripped out. Is this normal?

3. Can I reuse the fuel hose which I severed at the chasis end. Cut the damaged portion and plug it back in? Is it safe?

4. I have to wait for parts now and If I get them all I will be able to do some work on Thanksgiving weekend.

Thanks
    Arun
    530i / Nikasil M60 3 Ltr Motor / ZF5HP18 (A5S 310Z) Tranny / Prod: March 95 / Fully stock / 95K miles

1. I am planning to remove all the vaccum hoses and install new ones. Stealer doesn't have them in stock I have been waiting for a week already. They all look identical to me. Can I get a few feet of this hose from some other place?

yes normal vacuum line will work

2. When I severed the fuel line on the driver side (It wouldn't budge), there was not much pressure. Just some fuel dripped out. Is this normal?

yep, it bleeds down when the car sits

3. Can I reuse the fuel hose which I severed at the chasis end. Cut the damaged portion and plug it back in? Is it safe?

i do this all of the time, m60s seem to be some of the worst for the rubber sticking to the nipples

4. I have to wait for parts now and If I get them all I will be able to do some work on Thanksgiving weekend.

if you think you can
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Thanks for your answers Winfred. I still dont understand many wrench terms hence I need some clarification please

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    yes normal vacuum line will work
    Where will I get the normal vaccum line? And what specification hose I should ask for.

Thanks
    Arun
    530i / Nikasil M60 3 Ltr Motor / ZF5HP18 (A5S 310Z) Tranny / Prod: March 95 / Fully stock / 95K miles

take a piece to the auto parts store toss it on the counter and grunt nnnnggg.... need __ feet of this

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinewhite
    Thanks for your answers Winfred. I still dont understand many wrench terms hence I need some clarification please

Where will I get the normal vaccum line? And what specification hose I should ask for.

Thanks
    Arun
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    take a piece to the auto parts store toss it on the counter and grunt nnnnggg.... need __ feet of this
    Will do that.

Thanks
    Arun