GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: That BMW wheel site... where is it?

Default That BMW wheel site... where is it?

The one tha lists all BMW's wheel designs... does anyone know the link? I can't find it anywhere... thanks in adv, Nick

EDIT: Was it this one?
    http://www.kalach.easynet.be/bmw_wheels.htm
    Last edited by genphreak; 11-20-2006 at 12:17 AM.

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

http://www.bmwwheels.com/ (Chapman BMW).

The one that showcased all the designs and was not selling wheels (the site you are probably thinking of) was forced to take down the pictures.
    1995 525iT
    2002 330i
    E30 325iX - gone
    E28 528e - gone

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil
    http://www.bmwwheels.com/ (Chapman BMW).

The one that showcased all the designs and was not selling wheels (the site you are probably thinking of) was forced to take down the pictures.
    Thanks Tom.... but... wow! They were forced offline? The .de site? What a shame... why- how? This is ***really bad***. How can that be? Were they publishing pictures they did not have rights to? If not, I can't see how- BMW can't stop them, (the designs are in the public domain- imagine them trying to stop a paper or tv station broadcasting pictures of their cars in teh street...)?

It's is exactly the kind of public resource we need- like realoem... any idea how was it done?

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

I don't know the details but I imagine they got them on the fact that the pictures were from BMW catalogs.
    1995 525iT
    2002 330i
    E30 325iX - gone
    E28 528e - gone

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil
    I don't know the details but I imagine they got them on the fact that the pictures were from BMW catalogs.
    Ouch, yes I did wonder about that too. However it is something BMW should grant given the service to the aftermarket it provides.

Unless they meant to poke the enthusiast community in the eye with their lawyers, they should think again, its not a nice way to act. Its not very smart either, as they spend **heaps** on highly paid marketers to enhance loyalty within their customer base internationally.

I might ask Kai, he'll probably know. Can anyone remember the name of the site, or who ran it? A letter to the right people at BMW especially if it gained a little support would get that granted. These things get up the noses of the wrong people. Its a matter of it going to the right person and then we can get on with it.

That site was a really good resource, and a historical one at that. Just because BMW don't provide this infromation on back-catalogue stuff doesnt mean they want to force enthusiasts' sharing it...

Thanks again or the heads-up Tom.
    Last edited by genphreak; 11-19-2006 at 10:23 PM.

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

Quote Originally Posted by Yiorgos
    There's also this site:

http://felgenkatalog.auto-treff.com/

HTH.
    Yes sweet- that was the one I was looking for. But I'm sure I've seen both... either way, I'd like to know more about 'the banning' of that site. Cheers, Yiorgos!

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

Quote Originally Posted by genphreak
    Ouch, yes I did wonder about that too. However it is something BMW should grant given the service to the aftermarket it provides.

Unless they meant to poke the enthusiast community in the eye with their lawyers, they should think again, its not a nice way to act. Its not very smart either, as they spend **heaps** on highly paid marketers to enhance loyalty within their customer base internationally.

I might ask Kai, he'll probably know. Can anyone remember the name of the site, or who ran it? A letter to the right people at BMW especially if it gained a little support would get that granted. These things get up the noses of the wrong people. Its a matter of it going to the right person and then we can get on with it.

That site was a really good resource, and a historical one at that. Just because BMW don't provide this infromation on back-catalogue stuff doesnt mean they want to force enthusiasts' sharing it...

Thanks again or the heads-up Tom.

This is the site that was forced closed.

http://www.kalach.easynet.be/bmw_wheels.htm

Keep in mid that today's BMW has removed the oil dipstick from their current cars. They are not as enthusiast friendly as they used to be, IMHO.
    1995 525iT
    2002 330i
    E30 325iX - gone
    E28 528e - gone

http://www.wheelcollision.com
    has a pretty good listing and pics.
    Also a good source.
    Z
    Dan Z Annapolis, MD BMWCCA Since 1986
    Sharked E30, E34, E39sprt E46xit