GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Seriously, why does anyone bother with anything other than BG44k....

Default OT: Seriously, why does anyone bother with anything other than BG44k....

?
    I had to ask myself that earlier this week, as I spend about $100 USD a year on fuel injector cleaner (for various vehicles, not just the e34 ). I decided to go all out, and pick up a can for the annual/18 month application of the stuff. I notice nothing until about 5 days later. The temperature/humidity is the same, but i notice that my transmission is shifting oddly, and then, all of a sudden, my tires start breaking loose in unexpected places. gas mileage goes up slightly as well. this is in a car that usually sees two bottles of techron (sometimes 3 if there is a rebate on the stuff) at a treatment, without even a noticeable effect. it also didn't help that i ended up spilling 1/3 of the can on the ground because the only funnel on hand wouldn't work with the can shape. for 19$ usd, this stuff is a steal. am trying to get an on car cleaning apparatus by christmas, though, because $100/year is a little much to be spending on fuel injector cleaner.
    Last edited by ryan roopnarine; 11-19-2006 at 09:24 AM.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Quote Originally Posted by ryan roopnarine
    ?
    and then, all of a sudden, my tires start breaking loose in unexpected places. gas mileage goes up slightly as well.
    What is this RC3PO you speak of?

Seriously, never heard of the stuff.

Dave M

10/90 Build 525im, 630,000+km, Eibach/Sachs, Engine Rebuild
    *RIP Oskar the DOG *

They sell it a NAPA. It is the best injector cleaner there is.. Cleans up all kinds of stuff.

I ran it in mine right after I got it, did not seem to do much, must have been in good shape.. I do recommend it though.

it is good stuff, but pricey
    Weymouth, Mass
    -1989 Dinan 535i Intercooled Turbo
    -1997 Mercedes Benz E300 Diesel (Daily)

Quote Originally Posted by acidfire52
    They sell it a NAPA. It is the best injector cleaner there is.. Cleans up all kinds of stuff.

I ran it in mine right after I got it, did not seem to do much, must have been in good shape.. I do recommend it though.

Thanks, I'll have a look.

10/90 Build 525im, 630,000+km, Eibach/Sachs, Engine Rebuild
    *RIP Oskar the DOG *

the reason it works is because of the acetone content.

the other components are standard components of gasoline, having no effect.

acetone + techron = win.

previous posts explain the other reasons why your car feels better with acetone in the gas..... and as long as you use ethanol free gas you can use it every tank instead of for occasional tuneups.
    Alusil, Dinan DME | ITG Air Filter | Eibach/Bilstein HD | 26/20 Swaybars | Iridium plugs | Depo/ProLumen HID | Optima batt. | no AC | Stoptech brake lines, Frozen rotors, brass bushings, Superblue

Quote Originally Posted by BillionPa
    the reason it works is because of the acetone content.

the other components are standard components of gasoline, having no effect.

acetone + techron = win.

previous posts explain the other reasons why your car feels better with acetone in the gas..... and as long as you use ethanol free gas you can use it every tank instead of for occasional tuneups.
    its been several hundred miles since even nominal amounts were in my gas. when it was in, it temporarily raised my gas mileage about 1 mpg, but it went back down to a much more modest increase. this was 5 days after i had an empty bg44k tank. i don't really see how the acetone would do anything to cause the changes I've seen.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M
    What is this RC3PO you speak of?

Seriously, never heard of the stuff.

Dave M
    dave, ak-47x is the only fuel injector guaranteed to make your wang bigger. IIRC (and i say this because i don't want to claim that Bill r said anythign he didn't say personally), mr. rickard has implied that one bottle of bee-gee69x in the gas tank over a tank a gas is somewhat comparable to having your car put on the injector cleaner apparatus...i say this with hesitation.

Hows the RedLine fuel treatment do? I've used a few bottles of that. even dumped an entire bottle at once in a tank when i forgot that i'd done that before and the directions suggest thereafter using tenths.Says it cleans injectors and valves..
    1995 540i Manual build 1/95

Quote Originally Posted by Jehu
    Hows the RedLine fuel treatment do? I've used a few bottles of that. even dumped an entire bottle at once in a tank when i forgot that i'd done that before and the directions suggest thereafter using tenths.Says it cleans injectors and valves..
    speak of the debbil. as someone that spends as much as i do, my follow up to the bg was the redline sl-1. i was hoping that they changed the formula to acutally do something----nope. haven't noticed anything yet, but i generally don't notice anything after techron or redline.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast