GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Help Please, I can't find long wheel locks.

Default Help Please, I can't find long wheel locks.

My wheel bolts for my aftermarket rims are about an inch longer than standard bolts, and I can't seem to locate lock bolts of this length. Can someone help me out here please?

They're Racing Dynamics 17".

Thanks

Kick7ca, are you running spacers? I would think that even aftermarket wheels would have relatively similar depths at the hub-mounting area of the wheel. If you measure the hub material depth of you're wheel, I'l pop of a locker bolt and tell you how long it is. My McGuards seem to work pretty well on 17" BBS-OEM #5's.

Cheers,
    Duey

1995 540i/6 Sport Pkg w/E.A.T. chip and Nikasil injection Duey's Gallery

tirerack!

I'll measure today, I don't have spacers. I just think the rims are thicker in the center.
    If I look at the longer bolt, only the last 15mm looks like it was screwed into anything.

Kick7a, looking at my bolts, it looks like about 12-15mm is actually contacting the threads inside the rotor/hub. Looking up in my engineering books, that's good enough to take all the load a grade-8 bolt could take (coarse pitch 12M). Anything more than that (which I think is stock) would be overkill, and could potentially not fit into the hub all the way...Winfred, BillR, are the bolt holes threaded entirely through the rotor/hub assembly, or is there a fintie depth to what is drilled and tapped?

Cheers,
    Duey

1995 540i/6 Sport Pkg w/E.A.T. chip and Nikasil injection Duey's Gallery

Thanks DueyT,
    My shorter winter wheel bolts which I think are 28mm poke through about 10mm when seated in the rim, is this enough?

I've contacted Tirerack and Racing Dynamics (brand name of rim) and neither know of a lock bolt longer than 28mm - which is strange because my rim came with and is properly fitted with longer bolts. Whoever made these bolts probably made lock bolts or knows of some you would think...

Does anyone know where I continue my search?

Thanks
    Kick

Default I recently purchased a set of wheels from...

Highlinewheels along with wheel locks. Go to their site or call and see if they can help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by kick7ca
    Thanks DueyT,
    My shorter winter wheel bolts which I think are 28mm poke through about 10mm when seated in the rim, is this enough?

I've contacted Tirerack and Racing Dynamics (brand name of rim) and neither know of a lock bolt longer than 28mm - which is strange because my rim came with and is properly fitted with longer bolts. Whoever made these bolts probably made lock bolts or knows of some you would think...

Does anyone know where I continue my search?

Thanks
    Kick