GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Bavarian Autosport High Performance Ignition Wire Set

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Bavarian Autosport High Performance Ignition Wire Set

Anyone tried these bad boys, im replacing my wires anyway so i caught this in the holiday email from bavarian auto.. anyone tried? heard anythign bout these?

"Loosen the reins on your thoroughbred with our 8 mm ignition wires. Stock Ignition wires have built-in resistors that reduce voltage to your spark plugs. That's like keeping a tight rein on a thoroughbred race horse -- it wants to run faster but can't. Our 8mm wires loosen those reins, providing the hotter spark your BMW craves. Both the wires and boots use a spiral core magnetic suppression conductor to provide a higher spark voltage for maximum combustion efficiency. And they're insulated with 8mm of pure silicon to completely eliminate interference. Lifetime warranty. "

Cheers

J.McWatters

10/90 Build 525im, 630,000+km, Eibach/Sachs, Engine Rebuild
    *RIP Oskar the DOG *

lol... you dont need "high performance" anything on your already high performance engine (in comparison to American metal)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

They are missing the covers.

Being directly above the exhaust manifolds in a tight spot, I am sure these help to avoid physical damage to the wires when removing and replacing the plugs. The stocks ones are very nicely made. These don't look as good, but that's by me going off your pic... I really can't tell for sure.

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

most aftermarket crap I have had experience with tends to weld the connectors to the plugs and result in a pulled connector off the wire rendering them junk any time you want to check or replace plugs...
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    most aftermarket crap I have had experience with tends to weld the connectors to the plugs and result in a pulled connector off the wire rendering them junk any time you want to check or replace plugs...
    Yea, even with an upgraded coil (if I do) I't'd take a lot to get me away from the stock leads...

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

you would be better off with stock wires and high grade spark plugs.

i would be interested in seeing EM readings from stock and "spiral core magnetic suppression conductor" cables however, for intellectual curiosity. cables that emit less EM interference also absorb less, and would produce a more stable current.
    Alusil, Dinan DME | ITG Air Filter | Eibach/Bilstein HD | 26/20 Swaybars | Iridium plugs | Depo/ProLumen HID | Optima batt. | no AC | Stoptech brake lines, Frozen rotors, brass bushings, Superblue