GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Ruville & SKF quality parts?

Default Ruville & SKF quality parts?

Are Ruville tensioner shock & SKF AC pulley quality parts? I was sent this stuff instead of Febi. Both parts are made in Slovakia.

Not sure if I should send it back. Invoice even stated Febi. TIA
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

i would only send it back if the items you were sent werent cheaper than the febi. SKF was the first bmw guibo manufacturer, IIRC, and ruville is part of the LUK and FAG groups (though i've never used any Ruville parts personally). would worry about it only if you were concerned about febi parts being made in slovakia.
    Last edited by ryan roopnarine; 11-14-2006 at 08:36 PM.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

SKF is supposed to be better than Febi parts, not sure about Ruville, although FAG is generally a lower priced "alternative" (not as good?) to SKF for wheel bearings.
    Alusil, Dinan DME | ITG Air Filter | Eibach/Bilstein HD | 26/20 Swaybars | Iridium plugs | Depo/ProLumen HID | Optima batt. | no AC | Stoptech brake lines, Frozen rotors, brass bushings, Superblue

BMA sent the parts. I decided to keep based on Patrick's comments and Ryan's post. Even so, I am not sure of the quality of any parts anymore. For example, the last Febi AC pulley lasted only 45,000 miles.
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment