GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Leatherique vs. Color Plus, anyone have experience?

Default Leatherique vs. Color Plus, anyone have experience?

I found a detailed post from another board about the Leatherique with pictures at the initial use and then one year later. It looked pretty good.

It seems as though some on this forum have had good results with Color Plus, but I don't recall any long term feedback. Color Plus is a lot cheaper, but is it as good a product?
    Mark Hall
    '95 525iA EAT chipped (just one now )
    '98 528iA

I've used Leatherique cleaner but never the dye. The cleaner was outstanding, I converted my old 524td to leather (they came with cloth or leatherette only) with some old junkyard seats I found. They were pretty nasty so I used their cleaning oil system. I can't recommend their stuff enough.
    1992 535i TCD-s2

I used the cleaner and it washed off all the dye that was there, now it looks like I have a junk yard seat and its still uncomfortable.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

I have used Leatherique and have been very satisfied. Never used Color Plus but I understand its very good also.

When I used the leatherique rejuvenator oil on some seats that were possibly redyed by the previous owner it did remove some of the color.

Default Actually my biggest hesitation on using the Leatherique system isn't money, it's time

According to the post I read you need to let the rjuvinator oil work on the seats at least overnight. Then prep 'em and color 'em and let that sit for 24-48 hours. All in all he said he was without his car for 5 days. A year later the seats still looked good, but...5 days! Mine's a daily driver and I don't know if I can arrange that kind of time.

Anyone got a loaner they'll let me use?
    Mark Hall
    '98 528iA

Default Whenever I phone Leathrique, I get a machine, but...

color plus answers their phone, will talk to me about my planned project, has similar products, and seemingly lower prices. I ordered from them, but the project is waiting in line behind other higher priority ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallmark
    I found a detailed post from another board about the Leatherique with pictures at the initial use and then one year later. It looked pretty good.

It seems as though some on this forum have had good results with Color Plus, but I don't recall any long term feedback. Color Plus is a lot cheaper, but is it as good a product?

Default As you know I have used both in the past and they both

take the same amount of time for prep to do the job right..You can do them quickly but I don't think you'll be satisfied with the job over the long haul. You can do all the other seats first and save the drivers for last..and a lot of the prep can be done with the drivers seat in the car, such as sanding, conditioning etc, you'll just have to cover the seat with plastic after conditioning it if you need to drive it. I found color plus to be just as durable if not more so than leatherique but when i bought the last batch the prices were pretty close to the same...but color plus did a much better job on matching colors and the customer service was better. Here's the 635 seat for about the millionth time...

And here's some other shots

And another

And my nephew and brother in law..

Quote Originally Posted by Hallmark
    According to the post I read you need to let the rjuvinator oil work on the seats at least overnight. Then prep 'em and color 'em and let that sit for 24-48 hours. All in all he said he was without his car for 5 days. A year later the seats still looked good, but...5 days! Mine's a daily driver and I don't know if I can arrange that kind of time.

Anyone got a loaner they'll let me use?

Default Thanks guys, it's always good to have good cutomer support.

It sounds like I'll probably go Colorplus.
    Mark Hall
    '98 528iA