GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Semi OT, on my campaign to get rid of all my noise air tools

Default Semi OT, on my campaign to get rid of all my noisy air tools

I recently bought the nitrocat 1/2 impact which is much much quieter than my chicago pneumatic impact and it has 1000 ft.lbs of torque in the reverse direction. And now i'm going to get the air cat ratchet which is also very quiet and i ordered this ratchet last night which recently came out. Looks interesting
    Last edited by Bill R.; 11-10-2006 at 09:14 AM.

i've seen those aircats but wondered if they were worth a crap, all my ingersol/snap on stuff is still in good shape so it will be a while before i NEED anything
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

I recall you are already weraing an hearing aid so isn't all this a bit too late? Or you are trying to prolong my need for an hearing aid in a few years?
    '01 540it, 6/01
    '03 325i 5 speed, 9/02
    '10 535ix. 9/09
    '10 mini 6 speed
    '15 mini countryman 6 speed

Default I bought a craftsman cordless ratchet about 6 years ago and it was

a piece of crap but that was to be expected for a cordless tool 6 years ago. Znex is supposed to be a very high quality piece for the pro though. I'll let you know after it gets here. As far as the aircat line goes, the nitrocat seems to be much better than any 1/2 impact i've had before. Quiet, powerful, no torque reaction and cheaply priced on ebay. A couple of friends here who are mechanics also , told me about them, should say raved about them so i bought one. I would say that aircat is currently destroying all the other air tools out there based on price/performance/quality feedback from people i've talked to that have them. I haven't had mine long enough to definately state it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    i've seen those aircats but wondered if they were worth a crap, all my ingersol/snap on stuff is still in good shape so it will be a while before i NEED anything

Default I am wearing a hearing aid with approx. 80% loss in

one ear and 40 to 50 in the other ear. I'm not interested in that getting any worse, however late i may be though. Also letting others know so that they don't make the mistakes that i have, for what its worth.
    Hearing damage is cumulative, anything over 85 decibels for a long period of time such as a few hours at a time will cause a signicant hearing loss. The newer quieter impacts are all around 82 to 86 db's as compared to 105 db's and higher for older impact without quiet technology, they also produce more power so its a win/win situation.

Consider it a public service advisory

Quote Originally Posted by yaofeng
    I recall you are already weraing an hearing aid so isn't all this a bit too late? Or you are trying to prolong my need for an hearing aid in a few years?

Default A side note to Winfred, I just picked up a

snap on mt3500 4 gas analyzer for 350.00.... surprising how cheap some of the used 4 gas are getting now. Should be here today.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill R.
    a piece of crap but that was to be expected for a cordless tool 6 years ago. Znex is supposed to be a very high quality piece for the pro though. I'll let you know after it gets here. As far as the aircat line goes, the nitrocat seems to be much better than any 1/2 impact i've had before. Quiet, powerful, no torque reaction and cheaply priced on ebay. A couple of friends here who are mechanics also , told me about them, should say raved about them so i bought one. I would say that aircat is currently destroying all the other air tools out there based on price/performance/quality feedback from people i've talked to that have them. I haven't had mine long enough to definately state it yet.

the worst air ratchet i've ever had was the last design ingersol 3/8 with the black plastic covering, first one lasted less then a week, hit the floor once and broke in half, took it back and got another that lasted a month or two this one never did work worth a ****, took it apart found the problem and fixed it so it worked almost as good as the first one, then it hit the floor once and broke in half, i caught the redass and bought a blue point branded ingersol heavy duty that looks like you could use it as a hammer, i think i threw it on the floor and it DIDN'T break in half i still have the **** ingersol in the bottom of my box, thinking about when i get a tig ill weld it up and hit the pawn shop or ebay with it, see if i can get a pack of gum for it
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

cool, i just got a good deal on a new vantage pro from of all places snap on, he's been on me to get one for a while and trade him my old vantage and $2200, been telling him i can get one on ebay new for under 2k and keep the vantage for a house meter (paid 900 used several years ago, they go for less then half that now on ebay) this week he hits me with a new one no trade with a spare battery pack for 2k, pretty cool toy, massive useful database with built in kv meter and 2 channel lab scope plus all of the cool **** the old vantage did

Quote Originally Posted by Bill R.
    snap on mt3500 4 gas analyzer for 350.00.... surprising how cheap some of the used 4 gas are getting now. Should be here today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast