GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 89 535i, keyless entry questions

Default 89 535i, keyless entry questions

Hi guys, congrats on making the Roundel. I just got my E34 2 weeks ago and I was happy to read about this forum. That said, I have scoured the archives and read everything I could find about E34 keyless entry. I would like to see if anyone can help clarify what my car has, it is a 4/89 production 535i.

I heard about the Bav Auto keyless entry unit and bought it right away, unfortunately I should have checked because I don't have the 12 pin black connector under the back seat. I do however have a green 26 pin connector although it's not the same one pictured with the factor IR Alpine system in most of the photos. Also, i don't have the IR sensor next to the sunroof switch. When I got the car it only came with one key and it's the old style black plastic head with no electronics in it.

From the info and pictures I have given, can anyone make a suggestion about the best way to add keyless entry or a full alarm?

Thanks a lot,

Name:  100_1042-1.JPG
Views: 346
Size:  62.2 KB

Name:  100_1045-1.JPG
Views: 373
Size:  59.1 KB
    Jamie
    1989 535i
    Cirrus Blue, Navy
    Bone stock
    201,000 miles and counting...

Good timing, I was wondering the same thing about my 1990. I seem to recall from past posts that we have to find all those connections that the factory gathered together on the later models.

Bump. Someone must have done this!

I haven't.. I'm waiting for answers too
    1990 535i - 5 spd - Red on black - LSD
    Mods: EAT chip, Sachs Sports Kit, Racing King Subframe Inserts, staggered M-Parallels (replicas) with BFGoodrich g-Force Sports.

Bump. One last try.

I've done it The plug that is shown in the pictures has many of the needed wires for an alarm like door triggers, trunk trigger, hood pin, and a few other things as well. I ended up hiding the main module up front and running certain wires to the rear. There was no need to route anything through the firewall at all. I also wired up the comfort-closure on an auxilary chanel as per instructions on BMWe34.net I've attached a ZIP file containing the pinout of the plug in your hand. I strongly suggest using a multimeter to check for proper signals from the wires. Also note that the front doors are on separate wires while the rear doors trigger the same single wire. For most alarms it is sufficient to just tie all these wires together unless the alarm provides for individual triggers. I was unable to tap the hazard light flasher from this plug so I ended up tapping a wire at the console switch. It took a bit of research, but its definitely doable and in my case works perfectly (plus it was a great learning experience taking the entire enterior appart). HTH
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have read all I can find and can't find the right plugon my car 94 525. I am hoping someone in NSW Au has installed the oem keyless securtity module on an australian car. Are ours made somewhere else? An auto electrician wondered if South Africa makes some bmw's! I am getting desperate. I bought an after market kit an couldn't install it, so I then got oem module from Canadian car.

Thanks Rus!

This looks like it could be helpful, assuming mine is the same as that described above. It will be a while before I get around to taking a look at this, but I did store the info for future reference..

- Rick
    1990 535i - 5 spd - Red on black - LSD
    Mods: EAT chip, Sachs Sports Kit, Racing King Subframe Inserts, staggered M-Parallels (replicas) with BFGoodrich g-Force Sports.

Quote Originally Posted by rreimund
    Thanks Rus!

This looks like it could be helpful, assuming mine is the same as that described above. It will be a while before I get around to taking a look at this, but I did store the info for future reference..

- Rick
    Apart from your car being stickshift, we have the same E34 model so I'm pretty sure you have the same setup as I do. The plug in your hand is burried next to the relay modules on the driver's side correct? Also, I ended up disassembling the driver's door in order to make sure I was tapping the correct wires for my door lock operations. These wires emerge behind the lower speaker in the driver's foot well. Its a great place to mount the alarm module as well if you can fashion some sort of bracket. Glad I could help

does anyone has a pinout diagram for both the green 26 pin and black 12 pin alarm connectors?

i don't have microsoft excel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast