GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Wow

Default Wow

a jaw-dropping 875 bhp at 5000 rpm from the S38B38. Torque checked in at 932 lb-ft at 3900 rpm. The power pulls were made running 1.65 Bar (just over 24 psi) using VP CSP race fuel.

Thats REALLY cool. and the car looks REALLY clean but. whats the point. I'd like to see them, much less anyone else track that car. would have to run alot less boost. Amazing FMIC. Dunno if I've ever seen one that big.

Quote Originally Posted by Digita1 Ecstasy
    a jaw-dropping 875 bhp at 5000 rpm from the S38B38. Torque checked in at 932 lb-ft at 3900 rpm. The power pulls were made running 1.65 Bar (just over 24 psi) using VP CSP race fuel. Thats REALLY cool. and the car looks REALLY clean but. whats the point. I'd like to see them, much less anyone else track that car. would have to run alot less boost. Amazing FMIC. Dunno if I've ever seen one that big.
    Too right. I'm with you. Gee, there really is no production 6 cylinder on the planet to beat the M88/S38. But that intercooler, let alone the turbo is extraordinary. I love the way they have done it, it looks very professional, except the console switches... LOL

The only problem with doing this to your engine is really knowing the stresses that are felt under that level of power generation- ie spurious harmonics and various wear effects on bearings, oil and coolant, let alone their various plumbing systems being pushed beyond all design limits etc. One really has to hope it was properly/over-designed in the first place, which is why I guess this engine comes out on top when others would blow up pushing out more than 2x their power output, especially when you consider the M88 is already at the top of its class in terms of power generation.

Wow. Great read Kriss, thanks

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!