GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Thanks" to everyone....

Default "Thanks" to everyone....

who participated in the E34 Summer Meet this year aka, "The Biggest E34 Meet in the World".

Through your enthusiasm and dedication to your own E34, the event was a success and gained some much deserved recognition through Roundel.

There were so many that contributed to that day in many different ways, it would be difficult to recognize each and every one. But rest assured that no matter how big or small the task at hand, it couldn't have happened without the people that made the trip to be there, plus the support from the members of this board.

The staff at Roundel were a little apprehensive at first about our gathering and it took some doing to get their attention. The E34 isn't exactly an exciting BMW platform, but I assured them that it was our people that made the difference. Dave Farnsworth was the first one to help us through the redtape and got the attention and approval from Satch Carlson (editor in chief) to let us run with the story, and "we'll see how it turns out". Well, with that hurdle out of the way there were many more to overcome, like actually writing something that resembled a story with the guidelines set forth from the editor in chief, not to mention the photos... I learned several lessons from Satch Carlson....he was a very patient man, "dealing with my inexperience as a photo journalist" (as he kindly put it), try NO experience as a photo journalist....and can you tell how long it's been since I've sat in an English class??? (hint...it's been over 3 decades)

As you can probably tell, they wanted a SIG type theme with grassroot history as an example for other SIG groups to follow....time will tell if we have made a difference and set an example for other BMW SIG group history, but as for now, we finally whittled out a little BMW Roundel history of our own.

Congratulations Bimmer.info we've finally arrived....

See ya next year in Chicago?
    JR

PS...my Roundel still hasn't arrived....*sigh*

I would also like to express my thankfulness to everyone that helped me out that day. Hope to see you guys next year!

I REALLY don't get why the E34 isn't an exciting BMW platform... beside the E31 8's and the E28 M5 i wouldn't prefer another, well ok I wouldn't kick a 507 or a Z8 out of bed but are most people just lame?
    Last edited by Jehu; 11-06-2006 at 10:58 PM.
    1995 540i Manual build 1/95

I cannot wait to be there next time!
    [1994 530i/5-Speed]

Quote Originally Posted by Fetch
    I cannot wait to be there next time!
    me either, and if things go my way I'll be driving something much cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    You're my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by angrypancake
    me either, and if things go my way I'll be driving something much cooler.

What are you looking at?
    And what's going on with your E34 - you selling it? (I know, I've been out of the picture for a while.. ) Can't recall, is yours a 535 - 5-speed? if it is, I may have someone interested (assuming the "$5200 as is" in your sig refers to you selling your car.
    1990 535i - 5 spd - Red on black - LSD
    Mods: EAT chip, Sachs Sports Kit, Racing King Subframe Inserts, staggered M-Parallels (replicas) with BFGoodrich g-Force Sports.

Oh yeah, and I haven't gotten my Roundel yet, but i definitely hope to try to make it out next year. This year with a newborn baby - it just wasn't gonna happen.
    1990 535i - 5 spd - Red on black - LSD
    Mods: EAT chip, Sachs Sports Kit, Racing King Subframe Inserts, staggered M-Parallels (replicas) with BFGoodrich g-Force Sports.

Quote Originally Posted by rreimund
    What are you looking at?
    And what's going on with your E34 - you selling it? (I know, I've been out of the picture for a while.. ) Can't recall, is yours a 535 - 5-speed? if it is, I may have someone interested (assuming the "$5200 as is" in your sig refers to you selling your car.
    It's an auto.

Jr, you are awsome, awsome, awsome. Great job getting us in there. Great article, and good luck in your new career as a photo journalist. Your first works looks good, hope it's not your last!

Next year even BIGGER!

A Bimmer Nut for sure: '04 530im (current daily driver), '97 m3, '98 323is, '99 Z3, '01 740iL, '06 330cicm zhp, '02 R1150R, '69 r60, Owner/Operator of www.Bimmer.info and www.BimmerNut.com
    And I still maintain: '90 535im (sold to daughters best friend, one of my favorite bimmers), '92 525im (daughters other best friend now drives this one).

I just finished reading about us in the Roundel, DUDE!...YOU GOT SKILLS! Really, an excellent story, well put together, it makes me proud to be a part of this family. I wish I could have attended the meet...there's always next year.

zmuff--1989 535i 5-speed--17" E39 Style 32's--JC chip--UUC Short Shift--
    --Racing Dynamics Springs & Sways--Bilsteins--Yorktown, VA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast