GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: oh computer guys, mine is pissing me off

Default oh computer guys, mine is pissing me off

i am trying to install a new western digital sata 2 250 gig to my onboard sata equipped asus k8vse deluxe mobo and the ****ing drive won't show up, i even unplugged my regular ide drive and booted up from the win2k (my os) disc in a attempt to format the drive (or anything) and it won't see the drive ether, the motherboard seems to see it on boot and will let me view the onboard raid crap and drive id stuff, that's the only place you would even know that another hard drive is attached, it won't show up in the bios ether (i know about the scsi naming thing too, not a option listed) and of coarse the drive utility disc doesn't see anything but my current ide boot drive, why is my **** always retarded?!
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

I used western digitals setup software, probably wont do a thing with sata systems and crap.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

doesn't see the drive, i went to the web site and downloaded a fresh copy and it don't work ether, the bastard doesn't even run properly, when i click on the part where it gives you browser based instructions it takes a **** and kicks up a error box
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

You'll probably need a win2k driver for it to work. Download it and copy it a floppy, then when you install win2k press "f6" when it asks you to install to a differnet hdd location.

Better yet, upgrade to XP. It should have the drivers built in.

If the motherboard doesn't see the drive, then the drive may be bad or the motherboard needs a BIOS update to see it.
    Last edited by spyrot1; 11-05-2006 at 09:31 PM.

here is via's sata driver
    http://members.webleit.com/sonik/ind...lipVIASata.rar

install this.
    move the sata to any other sata plug.
    put this onto a floppy or cd. during boot, hit f6, and offer it the driver on the floppy.

tell us what happens afterward.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

whats the correct way to burn that to a cd?

Quote Originally Posted by ryan roopnarine
    here is via's sata driver
    http://members.webleit.com/sonik/ind...lipVIASata.rar

install this.
    move the sata to any other sata plug.
    put this onto a floppy or cd. during boot, hit f6, and offer it the driver on the floppy.

tell us what happens afterward.

your SATA ports are on the Promise RAID controller.

the promise driver is required by the OS in order to detect it. you can use another computer to merge the promise driver into the OS driver package, or add a 3rd party upon os installation.

if your OS is already installed, then device manager should see the controller if its enabled in the bios, and let you update its driver. then the drive should show up.
    Alusil, Dinan DME | ITG Air Filter | Eibach/Bilstein HD | 26/20 Swaybars | Iridium plugs | Depo/ProLumen HID | Optima batt. | no AC | Stoptech brake lines, Frozen rotors, brass bushings, Superblue

Ack, hate the Promise controller! My dad's old motherboard had it for UltraDMA133 and it sucked hardcore. Always a hassle with installing Windows XP -- yes you will need Promise drivers for installing Windows XP as well if you have this type of controller.

winfred you could try any of the solutions above, but if you're gonna do this often and you want a less painful experience (and have cash to spare), I suggest you find a better mobo to purchase and use.

Hi, I hope you have this sorted by now, but in case you haven't I would ask that you open control panel,
    administrative tools, computer management, disk management, (often times at this stage windows will offer to install new disk) your new disk should appear in the bottem right side of that screen, clip on the disk and create new partition. once thats done you will need to format drive. You might also note that drive letters can be changed here as well , with the exemption of partition that holds o/s.
    regards

tried it already not there, absent, missing....

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Tyler
    Hi, I hope you have this sorted by now, but in case you haven't I would ask that you open control panel,
    administrative tools, computer management, disk management, (often times at this stage windows will offer to install new disk) your new disk should appear in the bottem right side of that screen, clip on the disk and create new partition. once thats done you will need to format drive. You might also note that drive letters can be changed here as well , with the exemption of partition that holds o/s.
    regards

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast