GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Bleed screw

Default Bleed screw

Hi all

535 ise 1989 140k used daily

I have found the location of the bleed screw on the thermostat housing, the hole seems to be blocked up or, has never been drilled out, so i cannot bleed the air out of the system, would anyone here agree that i should use a small diameter drill and redrill the hole so the air can escape? or any other suggestions?

Thanks

Default I would change the part and would not tamper with it. Or simply look for the location

of the hole and diameter on a new part before you go ahead and ruin yours

most likely it's just plugged with crud poke it out with a stiff wire, i wouldn't enlarge it any or you could have sealing problems, i drill a small hole in the thermostat so the system will burp itself is less likely to air lock, another problem on any of the cars with the coolant tank on the firewall is the nipple for the small hose plugging up, if you can't get any coolant flow at the neck where the cap screws on the system will act almost like the car has a blown head gasket, once the thermostat opens the system will pretty much purge itself of air with that nipple clear
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Hi

Well that seems to have sorted the problem out, i used a 1mm diameter drill between my thumb and finger and bored the hole out, coolant flowed out freely, all over my engine!. i will wait till the engine has gone cold again and blow mouth air into the expansion tank, that should clear any remaining air out.

Thanks