GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Questions about fixing various problems

Default Questions about fixing various problems

Several questions
    1. I love my 95 525i dearly but recently the armrest on the drivers sear has been bugging me. It has several large cracks running through it and I was wondering if there was any way to fix it (interior is pergament, parchement color).

Any ideas as to how I could fix it?

2. There are a few broken pieces of plastic in my car but I am unable to glue them back together with any glue/epoxy I have tried so far (no glue/epoxy can disolve the plastic or even stick to it!). Anything that COULD be used to glue these parts back together? Or could I use a soldering iron to heat up the parts and melt them back into one piece?

3. The front passenger seatbelt is no longer pulling as hard as it should and allows a large amount of the seatbelt to hang out without being retracted. The big problem Im having is, how do I remove the seatbelt assemblys cover so I can get to the retraction mechanism?

4. The trunk seems to no longer have its power assist as in, the trunk is no longer aiding me in keeping it open. Its a horrible balancing act now that usually ends with the trunk trying to bean on the noggin as I get stuff out of it. Any idea how to fix it?

5. The warning about the break light circuit keeps coming on intermitently despite the fact that all 3 brake lights are functioning. I brought it in to a local repair shop where they replaced one of the lights that looked burnt but the warnings continue to come on.

6. The window washer fluid low warnings intermitently come on in my car despite the fact that the resevoir is completely full and the sensor is plugged in. Any ideas?

If you could answer any of these problems I would be very grateful. I love the car so much I cant stand to think of these things going unrepaired and being in college I dont have any money to have the stealer do it for me (besides I learn how it works when I repair it myself )
    BMW 1995 525i E34 Sedan with an M50 and Auto Trans
    Produced in 5/1994

Fixed the seat belt it seems.
    BMW 1995 525i E34 Sedan with an M50 and Auto Trans
    Produced in 5/1994

Lets See..

1. Either replace the armrest or use a repair kit from www.Leatherique.com

2. Don't know, guess you could try the whole soldering iron bit, but i don't know.

3. Don't know, never done it. The plastice cover has a couple screws on the bootom as IIRC then it just pulls off. That is the farthest i hve been.

4. Order new shocks. BAVAUTO.COM or ebay

5. Do a search.

6. I would guess bad sensor. Try replacing it.

5. Check or replace the brake light switch. replacement can be found on ebay.

6. I saw the same warning once after I filled up the washer fluid. It could be the washer fluid sensor.

2 find a repair shop the does plastic welding , do not attack it with a soldering iron .

# 5 is a common problem. A search of this forum will yield a answer. I’ll give ‘ya a hint Search “trunk hinge”
    SOLD!

There is someone selling those armrests in the classified section