GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Windshield Trim Really Available at BMA?

Default Is Windshield Trim Really Available at BMA?

Found in an archive search that BMA sells the trim that goes between the windshield and the body. However, a search of BMA's website doesn't show the trim.
    That archive post was from '04 and I can't call BMA until Monday. Any new info here?
    Also, a tip to the community - If your trim starts to lift because the little plastic retainers around the perimeter of the windshield are cracking, don't procrastinate. Otherwise you will get to replace the twisted and mangled originals when they lift all the way at freeway speed. Not good.
    Link to my M50 engine rebuild thread
    http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/showthread.php/43339-M50-Eng-4L30E-Trans-RRR-Far-More-Than-I-Ever-Expected?highlight=93+525+paul

Yes, they can get them. I bought one from them a couple years ago but you'll prolly have to call or e-mail them. Basically, if you or they can find a BMW part number, they can get almost any part if it's still in production.
    gale
    92 735i 5-spd, turbo project finally underway!

Default Thanks Gale

...I've got my fingers crossed that they are still available. I'd hate like hell to run into the dreaded NLA.
    http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/showthread.php/43339-M50-Eng-4L30E-Trans-RRR-Far-More-Than-I-Ever-Expected?highlight=93+525+paul

Quote Originally Posted by 93 525 Paul
    ...I've got my fingers crossed that they are still available. I'd hate like hell to run into the dreaded NLA.
    Let us know how much they end up charging you... I think a few people might be interested in knowing

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

Definitely let us know. Mine is crumbling and I'm procrastinating Winter looms...
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

Anyone know if this trim needs to be replaced when changing the windsheild? I have a cracked windsheild.
    Who say's Aliens only abduct people?

Quote Originally Posted by ricola
    Anyone know if this trim needs to be replaced when changing the windsheild? I have a cracked windsheild.
    If you have rust under there, be sure to fix and replace the seal. Do not use or let the repairer use silicone on the metal work; urethane ONLY. Silicone will cause rust as the water seeps in under it and cannot escape as apparently it does or does not with urethane (ie black goo, not the clear crap used on houses and fish-tanks...) Nick

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

If the old trim isn't brittle and doesn't break when they take it out to replace the windshield, then it can probably be reused. Make sure they replace the clips before putting in the new windshield.

New trim strips are still available and are $115 ea. (ouch! ) at BavAuto. I think I paid $95 incl. shipping from BMA 2 years ago.
    gale
    92 735i 5-spd, turbo project finally underway!

Default Procrastination and BavAuto comments

Quote Originally Posted by Qube
    Definitely let us know. Mine is crumbling and I'm procrastinating Winter looms...
    I will definitely do so. Didn't think mine would self destruct. It started to lift in the middle across the top of the windshield because the plastic retainers on the windshield cracked. On a '93 that has lived through 13 San Joaquin Valley (the BIG valley, you know) blistering hot summers, I should have known better. I guess I can tell myself that the original was crumbling.
    On the BavAuto vs. BMA, uh, well OUCH!!! I can't believe how much money I wasted buying parts at BavAuto before I discovered this board and subsequently because of it, BMA and Autohaus Arizona. Yikes. Hundreds and hundreds of wasted dollars using BavAuto. On a Bosch fuel pump alone for the 525 the diff was a hundy.
    One fellow who will never ever buy anything from BavAuto = me. Painful to keyboard about it actually. (sniff.)

I am also usually buying from autohausaz.com or from a source in Germany where I can get the Meyle parts quite cheap.
    But I have recently checked prices at rockauto, they have quite a number of reman parts such as starter motors, alternators etc.
    Worth to check prices there too.
    http://www.rockauto.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast