GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Bulb out?

Default Bulb out?

Does this look normal or could there be a bulb out? Aloso when the tach needle passes 1.5~2.0, it lights up more than when at idle...(http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...62&fg=05&hl=88)

It looks like a bulb or two are out. The whole tach and needle should be lit when the lights are on

Thats how mine is, definitely because of light being out.
    InDEuroz | e34 540i/6 '94 w/ bore/stroked m62 | e30 325iS '87 | Ducati 748R '00

Quote Originally Posted by BFEINZIMER
    Does this look normal or could there be a bulb out? Aloso when the tach needle passes 1.5~2.0, it lights up more than when at idle...(http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...62&fg=05&hl=88)

There are 3 3w blulb in the instrument cluster that lights up the cluster. It seems like 1 of them is out. You can get it form any bmw dealer. Cost about $2.00. If you are going to replace the blub might as well replace all 3. There are 2 small screw at top front of the insturment cluster at the trim. Use a small philip star screw driver to take those out. You need to extend your steering wheel to max. then take a flat screw driver to bring the cluster out from the top where you removed the screw. Behind the cluster there should be 4 connectors. take a note of the connectors to make sure you know which goes where. take them out. then maneuver the cluster and take it out from the left side. You might have to put your trun single lever all the way down. once you taken out the cluster you will see two circular clip at the bottom. turn them 1/4 counter clock wise to release them. Now You should be able to open the back of the cluster easily. you will see 3 light bulb that lights up the whole cluster. Use reverse process to put it back in the car. Hope this helps

thanks for the instructions th o ihave an airbag model so i cannot move the wheel ill look into this soon thanks