GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: keyless door locking syncing with trunk

Default keyless door locking syncing with trunk

I noticed that my trunk doesn't lock when I lock or double lock (still don't know the point of double locking) using the keyless entry fob.
    The only way to lock the trunk is to physically lock it in the back, otherwise it's open.
    Is there a way so when I open the car doors using the key fob, the trunk access is also open without physically turning the knob on the trunk. I thought it used to do this but it doesn't do it anymore. Seems like this would be the way to do it.

if working correctly...the trunk can be part of the central locking system...or disconnected from the central locking system.

It all depends on which way you position the trunk lock. If you leave it in a horizontal position ( -- ), you have disconnected the trunk from Central locking and the trunk will have to be unlocked with the key.

If you leave the key in the vertical position ( | )..then the trunk should lock/unlock with the central locking system

Read the text in the right column titled "Secure Seperately":
    Q
    95 525iT / 97 740iL

Not sure what manual you have in front of you Qsilver7, but in the user manual that I have in front of me, it tells a different story (page 8 -- I don't have a scan)

Luggage Compartment
    Lock can only be operated with the master key.
    Central locking
    (only locking is possible by turning key to right. The thiefproofing device is engaged at the same time.)
    If the key is turned ot the left, the thiefproofing device is engaged but the luggage compartment can still be opened.

Locking luggage compartment
    (remove master key in the horizontal position):
    This prevents access to the luggage compartment if the spare door and ignition key is handed in at hotel garages, workshops etc. (not on vehicles with through-loading facility).

If the thiefproofing device is actuated, the luggage compartment can be opened with a master key but the thiefproofing device must be activated again afterwards.

Thats the same as Qsilver from vertical trning too the right will lock the boot(and the car if it is unlocked) and the lock can be returned to the vertical.Turning to the left unlocks the car
    Gone but not forgotten