GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Oil pan leak fix?

Default Oil pan leak fix?

Does anyone know what is involved in changing the gasket on the oil pan? Book time says 5 hours but I cannot see that much time being spent on this. Am I overlooking something? Does suspension need to be removed here? Just sucks that a $20.00 part costs $300.00 to fix! Any ideas?

unhook the fan shroud, air boot and anything else that looks like it doesn't have enough slack, then jack the engine up and put 3-4" wood blocks under the motor mounts, that gets you set to pull the pan, once the pan is unbolted and lowered you usually need to unbolt the oil pump and drop it into the pan for the pan to come out, put red locktight the nut on the pump sprocket, and if you can find a gasket that's not cork buy it, if not blue locktight the oil pan bolts atleast on the front half of the pan (unless you want to retighten them every oil change)

it's not a real easy job and could eat up the best part of a day if you are on your back without a lift
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Yeah there is some things are you leaving out. On a 525 it was rather painful, I'd imagine its much worse on a 535-I didn't have to use blocks of wood. Its mainly the lack of space. I recall reading (according to George) that on the m30 it may be easier to remove the x-member.
    FS: PBR Deluxe rear brake pads [new]

Actually guys I got my M50 oil pan out and back in without lifting the motor, but it was a bitch. If I did it again I'd just jack the damned thing up

i gave the short version for the 535/735

Quote Originally Posted by Anton CH.
    Yeah there is some things are you leaving out. On a 525 it was rather painful.
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    i gave the short version for the 535/735
    My comment was to "but I cannot see that much time being spent on this. Am I overlooking something?" not your post. On the 525 theres also the PS pump that needs to be disconnected.
    FS: PBR Deluxe rear brake pads [new]