GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Need advice - Spark Plug Connectors & quality/price

Default Need advice - Spark Plug Connectors & quality/price

Okay, so i've finally tracked down my rough idle. No vacuum leaks, cleaned throttle body, ran Jectron and the valve cleaner through 3x each. All the above has incremtally improved things, but still that intermittent choppy idle. So I pull the coil covers off my M60 while the car is in drive with the A/C on and sure enough, I hear spark arcing in perfect timing with the rough idle. So i pull the coils and the ends of the connectors are trash.

No problem. My question to you is what to replace them with. I found them at Autohaus Arizona (Bremi) for $5.66 each. While most other places want upward of $14 each (OEM: Beru or Germany). So what's the quality difference? Anyone use these Bremi's? Do they suck, hence the difference in price? I'd much rather shell out $45 for a set of 8 rather than $115, but I'll pay the extra money to avoid issues if that's the case.

Your feedback is appreciated!!

Thanks,

John

Do not skimp on these parts. Buy OEM only.

bremi is supposed to only go on bremi. remove your valve cover and determine what type of coil packs you have. if they are bremi, you've found yourself an excellent deal. if they are bosch, you should buy bosch from a source that carries them, such as bma. bosch connectors have a lower resistance to work with bosch coils, bremi have higher 1.8 ohm resistances.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Thanks for the info guys!

Wow, I guess all the planets lined up or something. Just checked, I have Bremi coils so these will work just fine. Based on Josh's comment then, I guess these are oem replacement for me, right?

All I know is that I have 8 headed my way for $45.28 and shipping. If it will help anyone else:

www.autohausaz.com
    Bremi Spark Plug Connector
    part # 12139067831 (Updated version 1.8kOhms)

dude good to go as long as there isnt oil dripping from the valve cover gaskets.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

No oil Jeff, she bone dry in there. Say, was just reading a previous post of yours touting your prowess at finding the cheapest deal on spark plugs. You pointed us to carparts.com for F7LDCR's @ $1.99 each back in November. Now they're up to $3.99 ea. on that site.

Can you beat $3.99? Let's see "the man" in action....

Update:

Received the Bremi connector boots and installed them this past weekend. They're great quality and the updated versions with a better design for the plug end. Better fit.

Used Dielectric grease to prevent them sticking to the plugs and to further deter spark leakage. Easy job. Took about 30 minutes total from hood up to hood closed.

Immediatly noticed a better idle. But still an intermittent misfire. MUCH less than before, but in retrospect, I should have replaced the plugs while I was there. But this is good in that I can see what each "job" does to improve my idle quality.

Here's the rub though. Definately improved power at all rpms. Very happy about that, BUT man, I can smell a bunch of hydrocarbons in my exhaust now. Don't know if the DME was compensating for the misfiring before with a richer fuel mix or something, but it's concerning me.

So, is it time for a Shogun Reboot? Or should I do the plugs first?

Thanks!

bosch connectors have a lower resistance to work with bosch coils, bremi have higher 1.8 ohm resistances.
    I was about to buy the Beru and decided to search. Which do they work with?
    The stone age didn't end for a lack of stones. Neither will the hydrocarbon age......

do plugs first, im a Denso iridium fanboy, get those!

if your exhaust smells of fuel, your O2 sensors may be reporting incorrectly and need to be replaced, you could have a stuck or leaky injector, or the fuel just isnt combusting correctly (fouled injector, or bad coil)
    Alusil, Dinan DME | ITG Air Filter | Eibach/Bilstein HD | 26/20 Swaybars | Iridium plugs | Depo/ProLumen HID | Optima batt. | no AC | Stoptech brake lines, Frozen rotors, brass bushings, Superblue