Just did a conversion of my euro M5 cluster for installation into my 92 525iT. Since I didn't want to learn on my good 92 cluster with nothing wrong with it I found a 93 525iT cluster on ebay and purchased it cheap. I separated the back from the cluster and also the front with the clear bezel. Did the same for the euro M5 cluster. Removed the tachometer from the M5 cluster and installed it in the 93 cluster. I then removed the red needle from the M5 clusters KPH speedometer and installed it on the 93 MPH speedometer, the red pointer needles just pop off. I also removed the red needle from the M5 clusters gas gauge and used it on the 93 clusters gas gauge. I also bought a really nice set of gauge surround bezels off ebay and there are a breeze to install. No sticky backing or pieces to mess with on these. They just snap into the cluster front cover and can be installed from the back of the front cover without separating the clear outer piece. I just reinstalled with the M5 front cover on the 93 cluster with my original 92 back cover without disturbing the original coding plug. The 92 and 93 backs were identical anyway. The resulting piece looks pretty decent and works properly.

Paul