GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Door cards - with/without wood - do they differ?

York, England - an ancient walled city, founded by the Romans. Popular with American visitors!

Default Door cards - with/without wood - do they differ?

Hey guys

Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between the door cards for the woodtrimmed cars and those without?

My own car (a 1989 530i SE ) had no wood as standard but I have just bought a lovely walnut kit from Ebay...

So I'd welcome advice, my ETK doesn't suggest that there is a difference in door cards, but I may have missed it.

Thanks for any enlightenment!

Simon Daubeney

York
    UK
    Simon Daubeney, York, England. 1989 530iSE 5-spd Manual, Alpina 17s, M5 swaybars, Eibach sports springs and Bilstein Sprint dampers.

The panels are different to accomodate the wood trim. But if you bought a wood trim kit, it may work just fine since I think alot of those kits are designed to work on non-wood trim panels.

Bret.

York, England - an ancient walled city, founded by the Romans. Popular with American visitors!

Quote Originally Posted by Rigmaster
    The panels are different to accomodate the wood trim. But if you bought a wood trim kit, it may work just fine since I think alot of those kits are designed to work on non-wood trim panels.

Bret.
    Thanks - but I believe mine came from a wood-fitted car so I'd maybe better off with the proper panels - if I can find some!
    Simon Daubeney, York, England. 1989 530iSE 5-spd Manual, Alpina 17s, M5 swaybars, Eibach sports springs and Bilstein Sprint dampers.

If it is a genuine wood kit, then you will need the new door cards, there is indents in them to accommodate for the wood.

Many wood kits from eBay are basically faux wood veneer stickers that you slap on everywhere in the interior, you obviously don't need new cards for these.

Thanks for your replies guys - you confirmed what I believed but couldn't answer with my ETK (though I have not used it for ages and the one I have now is a new 2006 version).

It certainly is a genuine BMW kit and beautifully looked after in a rich dark walnut. Cleverly made with wood veneers bonded to a steel backing to supply the mounting points. Oh and a place to stamp on the BMW part no. naturally!

Thanks again for posting, I do appreciate it.