GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Okay Guys Need Everyones Help Again........

Default Okay Guys Need Everyones Help Again........

so i while ago i posted something about my father wanting to buy a e46 m3 but as luck has it after all the research i did for him he changed his mind and now wants a M5...his looking at the 2000 model....

first question...what the difference between the 2000 and 2001 besides the headlights and the tail lights?

secondly and most important...does anyone have any feedbacks on these cars...ive been reading reviews all night and finally coming to the real experts that arent paid to say stuff...

-reliablity
    -comfort
    -annual costs
    -maintainance
    -recalls

-and anything else i need to know about the car before telling my dad all the info

i thank everyone in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I imagine an M3 would be much easier and cheaper to maintain- parts and understanding would be higher. Also nippier and lighter on the gas. I'd go M3 unless I had to have a Beast of the kind of largesse that is that phat M5.

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

the e 39 is a serious motorcar.They have 400 HP from a 5 ltr V8.They wil be expensive to mmaintain and fix.and are less user serviceable than the e 34.I dont know if the there is the same level of knowledge about them yet.I would still like one though!
    Gone but not forgotten

I have someware a buyersguide of the E39 M5.It is for the Englisch market but it shows the reliability and what coult go wrong.If you like i will scan them and sent it to you.

one of the model years (early) had serious problems and they did a redesign.
    Alusil, Dinan DME | ITG Air Filter | Eibach/Bilstein HD | 26/20 Swaybars | Iridium plugs | Depo/ProLumen HID | Optima batt. | no AC | Stoptech brake lines, Frozen rotors, brass bushings, Superblue

Quote Originally Posted by CarloE34
    I have someware a buyersguide of the E39 M5.It is for the Englisch market but it shows the reliability and what coult go wrong.If you like i will scan them and sent it to you.
    i would love that...let me know when you can get it and ill send you my email address...thanks again!!!

Default M-5 Purchase

Quote Originally Posted by BMW4LIFE
    so i while ago i posted something about my father wanting to buy a e46 m3 but as luck has it after all the research i did for him he changed his mind and now wants a M5...his looking at the 2000 model....

first question...what the difference between the 2000 and 2001 besides the headlights and the tail lights?

secondly and most important...does anyone have any feedbacks on these cars...ive been reading reviews all night and finally coming to the real experts that arent paid to say stuff...

-reliablity
    -comfort
    -annual costs
    -maintainance
    -recalls

-and anything else i need to know about the car before telling my dad all the info

i thank everyone in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you're worried about the user serviceability of an E39, M-5, why not just get an E34, M-5? 310bhp isn't too shabby and the six should be nearly indestructable. If you need more punch, look for a Euro M-5 from 95 or 96, with the 3.8 litre engine & 340 bhp. That's what I'm searching for. Of course I'm partial to inline sixes that scream!

he wants to stay with the more present models...i told him about the m5 being rare and hard to work on and he brought up the 540i M sports package...whats up with that one???

im no BMW expert or anything but wouldnt the 540i M be more of a hassle free car rather than the m3 or m5?

oh sorry to keep bugging you but he has a friend that has a auction licence or something but my dad is kinda red flaggin about that but his friend says that its all good and you save a lot of money...has anyone had any experiance with auctions?

thanks again for all the help!!!

Default the big commercial car auctions

well, in my opinion the dealer keeps the good stuff and anything questionable goes to the auction where they never have to see or hear about it again, but you never know. You don't get to drive the cars at the one in Windsor near me...

Good luck,

John in CT
    1995 525i 5-speed

Quote Originally Posted by John in CT
    well, in my opinion the dealer keeps the good stuff and anything questionable goes to the auction where they never have to see or hear about it again, but you never know. You don't get to drive the cars at the one in Windsor near me...

Good luck,

John in CT
    1995 525i 5-speed
    thats what my feelings are too but i guess he can save anywhere from 4-6 k if he goes through auction rather than the dealership...but your right there is a gamble....

what to do what to do...