GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: French High Beams and Fog lights...? Where to buy???

Default French High Beams and Fog lights...? Where to buy???

Well, I want to buy some French high beams and fog lights, but I dont know where to find them...

No, I don't want "Lamin-x" lol

And yes, I did search.
    EuroLux:. Private Detail
    E34 1/'89 ///M20 2.5i: Lachsilber

Ask angrypancake
    11/88 535iA

From Daniel Stern lighting:

For those willing to go to the time and effort, applying a coating to an optical element is a more permanent, somewhat better option that relieves the vehicle owner of the need to find and get special bulbs. The best coating for field conversion of lamps from white to selective yellow is POR-15's Colorchrome, in the "Morning Sun" color. Results of yellowing process can be seen here

I checked POR-15's Website and couldn't find the "Colorchrome". Discontinued?? If someone knows how to get the stuff, or of anything equivalent, maybe Charles would be interested. For that matter, I might even fart around with some old lenses this winter.

FWIW, Daniel Stern touched on the legalities of yellow, but doesn't exactly provide a definitive answer. May want to check yourself as it likely won't be a cheap mod.

Dave M

10/90 Build 525im, 630,000+km, Eibach/Sachs, Engine Rebuild
    *RIP Oskar the DOG *

Yo! I live in France and my local breakers have loads of old E30's and E34's with the yellow headlights. Only prob is - they aint cheap - went there a couple of months ago for an alloy sump for my 320i and he wanted 150€ (approx $180 - £100) for it........If you can pay for them + the shipping - which will probably be about $35 (£20 - 35€ = to the US) then I have no problem in getting them for you...otherwise, those standard headlights don't look so bad afterall......

Well I do need to get new foglights so the french ordering option sounds like a great solution.

The high beams though i could probably look into that yellowing process, but I could probably afford to get new euros anyways, I have the stupid US lenses...

I only want the fogs and high beams yellow though, and I know that's legal. I have custom bulbs in my headlights so I think if I change anything to do with them it will just be the lenses ----> Euro Smileys O))

PS- Dave, that's a great picture hahahah

Who could possibly live without a dog?? er.. a "woof woof".
    Last edited by CharlesAFerg; 10-09-2006 at 03:10 PM.

I talked to Angry today, and he got his highs, lows, and fogs on French ebay. They look great in person. Pictures don't do them justice. I'm even considering the swap. I have euro smileys now with city lights H-1 bulbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Felixdacat
    I talked to Angry today, and he got his highs, lows, and fogs on French ebay. They look great in person. Pictures don't do them justice. I'm even considering the swap. I have euro smileys now with city lights H-1 bulbs.

with that color you were tellin me about for the car. oh man it would be siiiiiiick! whatever you do DONT do regular (cheap) mail from France. it takes 50+ days and **** arrives looking like someone took a sledgehammer to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    You're my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by angrypancake
    with that color you were tellin me about for the car. oh man it would be siiiiiiick! whatever you do DONT do regular (cheap) mail from France. it takes 50+ days and **** arrives looking like someone took a sledgehammer to it.

There you are... You know what I'm going to ask! It's swap time! Let me know if you're up for it because I'd much rather deal with you then some snot nosed twily moustached french ebayer.
    No offense, but it's probably true if the boxes come in that condition as angry has just described lol.

i wonder if really low color temp HID would be a good solution (3000K for the fogs http://www.xenon-bulbs.com/xenon%20pics/xtrail2.JPG )
    Alusil, Dinan DME | ITG Air Filter | Eibach/Bilstein HD | 26/20 Swaybars | Iridium plugs | Depo/ProLumen HID | Optima batt. | no AC | Stoptech brake lines, Frozen rotors, brass bushings, Superblue

Quote Originally Posted by BillionPa
    i wonder if really low color temp HID would be a good solution (3000K for the fogs http://www.xenon-bulbs.com/xenon%20pics/xtrail2.JPG )
    Oh! Both the lenses and those bulbs would make for a mean combination.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast