• Eibach

12 60.00%
  • H&R

8 40.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eibach or H&R springs

Default Eibach or H&R springs

I know, i know people have thousands of post on how they like **** or ****

the only place i could find them at -$245 shipped is tirerack and they cost the same (H&R $3 more)

whats the diff.? dont they lower the same and are both moderatly stiff?

unless anyone can tell me somewhere else to find either of them for cheaper, which should i get.

Ive ordered my staggerd 18" M Pars and tires

1995 BMW 530ia/3.15lsd/M Parallels/Eibach/Bilstien/Magnaflow

Eibach uses progressive rates in the rear while H&R uses linear. Both use linear rates on the front. I've noticed that Eibach lowers the rear more than H&R. I don't think you can get a definate answer as to which is stiffer as neither manufactur releases the spring rate data and you can't really compare the two by feel unless both cars have the same tires, shocks, etc. But I think the general census is that if you want something more comfortable go with Eibachs and H&R for more sport. You really can't go wrong with either one as both are excellent.
    FS: PBR Deluxe rear brake pads [new]

That's what I hear as well about H&R's. You can't go wrong. I had the H&R Sports in my E36 M3 but in my 530 I have Eibachs. In the M3, those H&R's were stiff as heck. I couldn't wait to get them off. The Eibachs in the E34 makes for a very good solid ride.

I know, I know... two different cars.

I think the stiffness depends more on what shocks you're using. My H&R sports really don't feel that much different than the stock springs since I'm using stock replacement shocks.

1992 525i 5 speed (Calypso/Parchment) - 1989 525iA (Schwartz/Natur) SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by SC David
    I think the stiffness depends more on what shocks you're using. My H&R sports really don't feel that much different than the stock springs since I'm using stock replacement shocks.
    That's exactly what I thought initially. You can feel that the spring is firmer than stock but its very smooth. What makes cars feel rough are shocks. I'd stay away from bilsteins-if anything they remove grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Anton CH.
    I'd stay away from bilsteins-if anything they remove grip.
    What!? Bilsteins are hugely increasing grip.
    Jan

Quote Originally Posted by Yaninnya
    What!? Bilsteins are hugely increasing grip. Jan
    Just depends on one's POV as to whether you are gripping the road or gripping your ass. Bilsteins can make you do both so long as they don't screw up on you like Jeff's ones always do. My 0.02; Sashs kit is the go for any e34. Anything else is mopre expensive and not so perfectly matched.

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

Quote Originally Posted by Yaninnya
    What!? Bilsteins are hugely increasing grip.
    Jan
    Stiffer springs/shocks always reduce grip because they don't allow the wheel to follow the road. The fraction of time that your wheel is making contact decreases with increasing stiffness. That is not to say that you don't want a properly matched shock to the spring to control the oscillations.

I use sachs shocks and the eibach spring set from bavauto. The ride seems pretty decent, but not as good as OE springs for comfort. Although OE costs 2x more. I can't comment on H&R, as I haven't used them.

My ass is OK with eibach, but potholes can do a number on a lowered car. My exhaust had to have new seals/rings/bolts put in from the jarring.

For comfort and a lil sportiness that won't break the bank, I went with eibach and sachs. Heard bad reviews from bilstien shocks. Heard good reviews from h&r and eibach springs. Heard good reviews from sachs(oe) shocks. So I went that route. I'm happy with it. The car does look a bit nicer slightly lowered. And I get a bit better grip on turns. Lower center of gravity.

So you run the Sashs Sports (red 'turbo' ones #199)? How much is a set of of these now? Can you buy them in pairs or only in fours?

I wish I could understand why the Bilstein Sports are so harsh and Sashs sports are so smooth. But the Billies are stock fitment on Alpina and some M5... weird weird weird, just like Bilstein's inability to supply the right advice in regard to bump stops...
    Last edited by genphreak; 10-08-2006 at 01:18 AM.

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast