GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: M60: quick intake question so I can get the manifold off

Default M60: quick intake question so I can get the manifold off

I've got everything disconnected and the manifold is loose. Only problem is I can not get the throttle cables off. The T30 torx screws that hold the bracket onto the manifold are not coming off. Is there any other way to get the throttle cables disconnected?

I'm on my lunch break, hopefully someone can help me out. Thanks!

I had to use Vice-Grips to tear the stupid torx screws out of the TB. They were a bitch and a half. I think i spend a good hour or two with vice grips trying to get them all off. Once you remove them go to homdepot and buy some standard metric bolts to replace them. next time it'll be 100x easier to remove.

only two ( i think) torx botls hold the bracket for the throttle cables on, you just have to get those two off and you're set.

Quote Originally Posted by brosher
    I've got everything disconnected and the manifold is loose. Only problem is I can not get the throttle cables off. The T30 torx screws that hold the bracket onto the manifold are not coming off. Is there any other way to get the throttle cables disconnected?

I'm on my lunch break, hopefully someone can help me out. Thanks!

ditto with the little vice grips.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Got one of them off but my mini vice grip wont dig into the other one. Grrrr. I gotta go to the hardware store and pick up some new hose clamps anyways. Someone stripped the crap out of the clamp screw-heads over tightening them. Maybe I need bigger vice grips.

I dont remeber vividly but are you able to turn the bracket with one bolt out? Might be able to break the other one loose.
    Got one of them off but my mini vice grip wont dig into the other one. Grrrr. I gotta go to the hardware store and pick up some new hose clamps anyways. Someone stripped the crap out of the clamp screw-heads over tightening them. Maybe I need bigger vice grips.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

The throttle cable can be removed without having to remove the bracket.
    '01 540it, 6/01
    '03 325i 5 speed, 9/02
    '10 535ix. 9/09
    '10 mini 6 speed
    '15 mini countryman 6 speed

what he says
    Quote Originally Posted by yaofeng
    The throttle cable can be removed without having to remove the bracket.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

WOOHO it's off!

I got some better vice grips from the hardware store and they cracked it off. The mini ones I had were like $1.50 from walmart and the bolt was rounding ff the vice grip. The better ones cracked it off in a minute. Don't cheap out on tools! Made in china vice grips = suck, MADE IN USA = .

WOOHO it's off!

I got some better vice grips from the hardware store and they cracked it off. The mini ones I had were like $1.50 from walmart and the bolt was rounding ff the vice grip. The better ones cracked it off in a minute. Don't cheap out on tools! Made in china vice grips = suck, MADE IN USA = .
    Does it make you like the hex head bolt better now? I hate the allen head and torx head bolts.
    Last edited by yaofeng; 10-06-2006 at 09:31 PM.
    '01 540it, 6/01
    '03 325i 5 speed, 9/02
    '10 535ix. 9/09
    '10 mini 6 speed
    '15 mini countryman 6 speed

Pretty dumb, I spent a few hours on those stupid things. Really turned an easy job into something difficult and frustrating. Even had to use the dremel on one that the vice grips destroyed.

Tomorrow I'm doing the coolant pipes and valley gasket. Hopefully everything goes back together smooth *fingers crossed*. I've got an antsy better half who wants me to be tiling a bathroom this weekend, not working on my toy!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast