GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: found 83 euro 635CSi / selling 95 540i6 (long'n)

Default found 83 euro 635CSi / selling 95 540i6 (long'n)

Ladies and gentlemen, It has been a very strange couple of months for me. I had a baby (loving it), I bought a 93 Volvo Turbo Wagon for the wifey (she loves it), sold the '97 Honda Accord (yay), now (after looking at 5 other examples) I have bought an 83 euro 635CSi (love it, but needs work), which means I must sell the 540. I have enjoyed the 540, but it just is not "me." The 635 is "me." The 540 is superior in acceleration, braking, cornering, and comfort, but I have a soft spot for the old ones and all of their foibles and stuff (hey I used to own a 71 Super Beetle and still miss it; slow though it was). I cannot have two cars; so one must go.

I have two buddies who may be interested (like to keep it in the family), so I am giving them a couple of weeks to scratch up the dough. I will give you pictures and a complete write-up of what is right and what is wrong in the classified section if my buddies can't come up with the cash. But the problems are these; driver window track broken, neither rear window wants to work properly, A/C does not blow cold (evaporator only thing not replaced/haven't tried a simple recharge since I don't use A/C anyway), reverse lights do not work, and I still need to sort out a Cat issue (will fix before car goes). I thought it was important to throw the problems out early. I have done quite a bit of work to the car which I will detail in the classified section. The price will be $7200.00 (which is a loss). Please be patient, and I will get everything organized and listed in the classifieds should they not come through.

Here are some pics of the 635CSi. Enjoy, and I will see you around. I know I have not been the most prolific poster for which I apologize, but I sure have enjoyed my stay here. And of course there are many varied personalities which make it all the more interesting. This site has been an invaluable source of information (for which I thank you all), and I have already found another home at bigcoupe.com.
    Name:  635e4.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  44.1 KB
    Name:  635e2.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  44.8 KB

I personally think $7200 is a little high given the problems. Alusil or Nikasil? How many miles?

Car looks to be real clean, especially for an 83! Good luck with the sale.

I had an '87 6er. It wasn't a stellar car, in the logical sense, but it was attractive. It wasn't the best family car with that rear console.
    erased due to slander

Sorry, Z I am not trying to rip anyone off. This is only the third car I have ever tried to sell in my 32 years. The price will be negotiable, and I should have written that in my previous post.

I don't think you're ripping anybody off. I would just expect a little wiggle room in your asking price (which it sounds like you have). That said, I paid around $6500 for my car but the power steering hoses and engine mounts were bad. Interior is pristine. Paint needed work. So I guess $7200 isn't that bad if you fix the cat issue. Good starting point.

The 635 looks sweet. I also looked at these before the 540 but I wanted something easy for my kids to get in and out of.

Luckily the 635 has no center console in the rear, and my child is only 8 weeks old. So as long as a car seat will fit, we're in business (at least until we decide we want another child. The four door thing is nice, but I rode to school in the back of an 83 Camaro Z28; so I figure if I could do it, my daugter can too...

freezin ass cold WI formerly freezin ass cold MN

I remember trying to get my infant son in the car seat into the back of my 635 with center console- had the cooler in the console thing. I think we both have back problems from those acrobatic moves.
    95 540 six speed, Rondell 58 wheels, nothin else special
    79 911 SC - pea soup green

you may very well be back,there are a couple of gentlemen here who know a thing or two about the big coupe,not to mention the big six
    Gone but not forgotten