GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: consequences of washing yer engine improperly--close call--coilpack people pls advise

Default consequences of washing yer engine improperly--close call--coilpack people pls advise

well, as the advance auto had the big cans of AAP degreaser for $.62, and I purchased 4, I ill-advisedly decided to clean some of the tranny fluid out from my engine bay. i wasn't going to do the valve cover area, but i taped it off, just in case any water got in there.....long story short...fire itback up, and it sounds like a cadillac v8 with 2cyls missing. panicking about finding a mechanic open on a sunday, i decided to pull the coilpacks and make sure there was no water in there. quel suprise, all 6 of them has at least an inch of water inside, despite me spraying nowhere near the valve cover, and it being more than adaquately sealed off. take the works apart, wd 40 the boots and packs, and get all of the water out with paper towels. i'm not a particularly religious person, but i was more than pleased when it fired up just fine. the pnly problem is that there's a slight hesitation now, like when its time to changeyour spark plugs for tune up's sake. question is....do i need to change my coilpacks now, as the car was only run for about 2 miles with the water in the spark plug wells, or can i just do the boots. i'm glad that the only damage i'm going to incur for this little experience is about $12 dollars worth buying new plugs from das BMA.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

give it some time, maybe theres just a little condomsation hanging out somewhere?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Give it a drive--
    Get it warm enough long enough to boil all the water out of everywhere. I'm sure some water got into other connectors as well as the spark plug wells.

drove it for 108 miles, everything seems to be ok now, but i'll still likely change plugs.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Default and add gas...

:d
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Air Compressor would help greatly in these situations.