GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Correct PAG viscosity for replacement Nippondenso compressor?

Default Correct PAG viscosity for replacement Nippondenso compressor?

I am gearing up for a total A/C rebuild next weekend and got a replacement compressor from BMA. I THINK the correct PAG oil viscosity is PAG-46, would any of the gurus be able to verify that?

I'm going to attempt replacement of everything- compressor, condensor, evaporator, expansion valve, receiver-drier. While I'm at it, Im replacing the radiator and fan clutch. If I have the radiator out, can I get the condensor out without pulling the grille and/or front bumper? Thanks for insights!

I will try to document the (mis)adventure as thoroughly as possible. I'm amused to see how far I can get.

-Rob

i use ester 100 in all of the cars we do, mercedes (ugh) bmw and volvo, 5-6 oz gets the job done, modern nip's usually have the oil amount listed on the comp, but the real new ones just have the factory nip # for the oil, in which case they still get 5-6 oz ester 100
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Default Thanks Winfred- (m)

The replacement compressor (from BMA!) looks exactly like the original Nippondenso on the car, same casting numbers in the case, but there's no manufacturer's label on the back, and no mention of oil types. Ok- 100 ester it is.

Default Heres a list of pag oil viscosity by compressor

Here

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edwards
    I am gearing up for a total A/C rebuild next weekend and got a replacement compressor from BMA. I THINK the correct PAG oil viscosity is PAG-46, would any of the gurus be able to verify that?

I'm going to attempt replacement of everything- compressor, condensor, evaporator, expansion valve, receiver-drier. While I'm at it, Im replacing the radiator and fan clutch. If I have the radiator out, can I get the condensor out without pulling the grille and/or front bumper? Thanks for insights!

I will try to document the (mis)adventure as thoroughly as possible. I'm amused to see how far I can get.

-Rob