GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Sachs Sporting Kit installed in E. Mass?

Default Sachs Sporting Kit installed in E. Mass?

Gruppe:

New member here, thanks DrewZ and MikeH for the idea.

I am looking to upgrade the suspension on my 92 535i. This is my daily driver here in pothole-ridden greater Boston. Car has the OE Boges/original springs etc. Goal is slightly lower stance and mildly firmer ride.

I have had experienced owners recommend the Sachs set, factory sport springs with Boges, and the Dinan stage 1, and am leaning towards the Sachs. Anyone on this list know of an E34 in Eastern Mass with the Sachs installed? I would like to go for a ride or even a drive.

Thanks in advance.
    Jonathan Brush
    '92 535i 5sp 107 k miles
    BMW CCA #122268
    UUC Charter Member

Quote Originally Posted by jonbrush
    Gruppe:

New member here, thanks DrewZ and MikeH for the idea.

I am looking to upgrade the suspension on my 92 535i. This is my daily driver here in pothole-ridden greater Boston. Car has the OE Boges/original springs etc. Goal is slightly lower stance and mildly firmer ride.

I have had experienced owners recommend the Sachs set, factory sport springs with Boges, and the Dinan stage 1, and am leaning towards the Sachs. Anyone on this list know of an E34 in Eastern Mass with the Sachs installed? I would like to go for a ride or even a drive.

Thanks in advance.
    Hey Jon,

I have zero experience with shops up this way so I cannot help you there. Mighty Motors in Cambridge is run by Jim Albrecht who is a BMW CCA tech advisor. I did talk to him twice regarding a couple problems in the past and he was incredibly helpful. If I need to use a shop up here I will probably try them out first. If you are interested in trying the install yourself I can give you a hand. The rears are a piece of cake and the fronts are hit or miss depending on how lucky you get. If you have access to a lift and air tools it significantly improves the experience but they are not essential. Good luck and let me know if you need/want a hand.

Best,
    Rory

<Insert list of modifcations or clever saying here>

http://www.germanautosport.com/

German autosport.... they're located in the north shore (exit 55 of 95 I believe)... good work, great prices, I highly recomend.
    Ask for Damon, the owner.
    -Kamil

Quote Originally Posted by Rory
    Hey Jon,

I have zero experience with shops up this way so I cannot help you there. Mighty Motors in Cambridge is run by Jim Albrecht who is a BMW CCA tech advisor. I did talk to him twice regarding a couple problems in the past and he was incredibly helpful. If I need to use a shop up here I will probably try them out first. If you are interested in trying the install yourself I can give you a hand. The rears are a piece of cake and the fronts are hit or miss depending on how lucky you get. If you have access to a lift and air tools it significantly improves the experience but they are not essential. Good luck and let me know if you need/want a hand.

Best,
    Rory
    Dear Rory,
    Thanks for the offer. I may give it a try and will contact you if so.

Do you have an aftermarket suspension on your car? I am trying to find someone who does, so I can see what the different options feel like on our wonderful roads.
    Jonathan Brush
    '92 535i 5sp 107 k miles
    BMW CCA #122268
    UUC Charter Member

Default Eibach & Bilstein Sport 1989 535im

Jim C chip, short shift kit, 16" rims. Bridgestone Potenza 950's.

great set-up for Boston area. 17" rims a bit harsh if you drive in the city.

I love it.

617-832-2515