GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Stuck drivers side window

Default Stuck drivers side window

I have a 93 525I with 130K I went to roll downt the driver side window and it stuck at about 5 inches down. I can't force it up or down.

I took the door pannel off and do hear a clicking noise from the moter when I activate the SW. I can't tell if it is the moter or the acctuator. They seem jammed.

Also how do you get the acctuator off, do you need a special tool? I know you have to do it from the inside of the door but it doesn't look/feel like a hex, flat head or phillips. Thanks for any help.

SKB

Its possible the window could jam and/or burn out the motor if it got misaligned. Try adjusting the alignment, there are instructions in the Bentley E34 manual how to do that.

If thats not it you could try swapping parts with the passenger door to see which is broken.

It's probably a torx screw holding the actuator to the door.
    DanH
    1989 535iA 254k Miles
    1992 535iM 330k Miles

i had this problem as well.

if it's a click you hear.. chances are it's the same as what i had.. my motor went bad. you'll have to drill out the 5 rivets to take the regulator off; on the reverse side of it you will have 3 torx (tork?) screws to remove.

it will be helful to have a second set of hands here to remove one of the bolts because once you remove 2 of them you can slide the regulator setup to the "down" position where you can get at the third bolt holding the motor on. remember to remove the bump-stop before you try because it will get in the way

once you're done that you will easily see if it's the regulator or the motor that's done. to test the motor just plug it in and try to run it disconnected from the regulator.

i found a motor for 100 bucks at a local wrecker.. reinstalled it no problem. to replace the rivets i just used some bolts with washers and it works fine now

good luck
    -inc

'91 e31 850
    '90 e34 535
    '02 CBR F4i stunt/track bike
    '07 gsxr 750 stunt bike