Okay, I have read the newbie advice and hopefully I am ready to post. I just purchased a 1991 525i, red with 218,000 miles on it. It is my first BMW. I bought it out of Chicago and drove it home to Indiana, it is a fantastic, well running car. I completely understand why people love these cars. In any event I paid under $1000- for it. Here is what is wrong with it... Passenger seat is broken (won't go up), door panel fell apart on the way home, drivers side window broken (gone) drivers seat is seriously uncomfortable (no padding left it in it, like sitting on the frame), rust at the bottom of the doors, SERIOUSLY faded paint, cracked rear bumper, front air dam missing, broken headlight, brake lining sensor needs to be replaced, needs exhaust work (noisy-think the muffler is broken), saggy headliner and misc little dents. The GOOD thing is that the backseat is okay, it runs really well, I LOVE the body style, it rides well in short I am 14-1/2 way into the pedal and the car is doing 90, take your hands of off the wheel and it drives straight. So do I replace the seats and drivers door and drive it until the wheels fall off or engine dies then sell it as a parts car and meanwhile save the money I WOULD be making on car payments to buy another E34 with less miles in better shape? Or do I fix it? I have every intention of owning another one of these cars, I love this car already. It has been rewired electrically and suspension pretty much replaced. Have receipts for all of the work. Keep in mind, I am a single mom with little income. Any advice? Sorry for the posting being so long. Just wanted to make sure I provided enough info.