GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pics of my "rally" inspired headlights ;)

Default Pics of my "rally" inspired headlights ;)

Ok, finally got some pics up. These really don't do it justice. Also, i didn't feel like removing the hood to show you guys what was going on with the chassis sheet metal across the front, or the void where the vicous fan used to be.

Ok, next are some pictures of my little project.

Since the viscous clutch died, and the A/C condensor got crushed, i thought i'd rearrange a few things. I ended up mounting the aux fan on the actual radiator, and used some pretty heavy wire to hold it in place. It fits perfectly bettween the transmission oil cooler and the side of the chassis!

You can also see the orange and black bungie cords that hold the hood down, which are a backup for the red wires i have twisted together that really hold the thing in place.

And here is another view:

Theres a good pic showing the hood damage but i don't feel like making another post to fit it in, unless your really interested. There are also some closer shots of the entire front end.

The turn signals are in pretty bad shape as far as dangling off the fenders. I want to buy some that match the new headlights and glue them on there.

High beams probably won't make an appearance unless i keep driving this for a long time.

After a day of testing at about 80degrees in traffic i've had no problems. At first i ranthe fan at low speed, but then went with high just to be safe. With the grill/headlights gone and the ac condensor removed it cools its self extremely well.

I also took the AC belt off while i was in there. Gotta get that extra .25HP the drag it caused was stealing!

Just FYI, those headlights cost $5.00 a piece, compared to in excess of $300 for new headlgihts and the grill pieces that fit around them!

Edit: The horns obviously went by-by. As you can see from their mounting points, they didn't really survive. I've also got to find someway to protect all those wires dangling around...!
    Last edited by infinity5; 09-29-2006 at 07:19 PM.

I hope they are just temporary!
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

those are the Dinan headlight option right? I like the racey look even though most people dont like the ricer mods like the garbage can exhaust.

sorry couldnt find the can exhaust picture to post.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    I hope they are just temporary!
    hehe, sadly they are not. At $5000 repairing it all wouldn't make much sense. I'm sure theres on on ebay right now for about that much in better condition.

this is one of the best e34 mods I've seen!, you must have increased airflow to the radiator 10 fold!
    [1994 530i/5-Speed]

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    those are the Dinan headlight option right? I like the racey look even though most people dont like the ricer mods like the garbage can exhaust.

sorry couldnt find the can exhaust picture to post.
    The electric Supercharger is on its way. God i'm going to be so fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetch
    this is one of the best e34 mods I've seen!, you must have increased airflow to the radiator 10 fold!
    Its true! actaully i had the intake muffler in pieces and noticed that the little inlet part comes out to reveal a much larger hole! muhahaha

Quote Originally Posted by infinity5
    The electric Supercharger is on its way. God i'm going to be so fast.

ahahahaha
    [1994 530i/5-Speed]

Be sure to drive as much as you can in the rain.

1992 525i 5 speed (Calypso/Parchment) - 1989 525iA (Schwartz/Natur) SOLD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast