GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reupholster rear shelf

Default Reupholster rear shelf

So the rattling shelf finally got to me. This weekend I wanted to remove it and inspect what is rattling. Then I decided that I should reupholster it as it turned purple and the stuck candy from PO is gross. I called a place and they said they will charge 85-150USD. It's a little out of my price range. How difficult would it be to do it myself?
    FS: PBR Deluxe rear brake pads [new]

good price if they remove and replace. However, if you do it yourself you will need to completly remove all the old material and glue. If you are looking for a stock look, replace with 1/8 fabric material (not 1/4 material as it may not allow the speakers to fit correctly) May be difficult to glue as there are lots of curves and crevices to deal with.

I have considered recovering, but have not found the time or the 1/8 material. Good luck
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

I think you can buy an upholstered shelf from the stealer for relatively cheap--you may want to check that out as an option as well...

Keep looking.

I just did my whole sunroof laden headliner for $250. Bought the material of ebay for $140.

Man it looks great

~6 speed~ Rear Fogs ~ Shadowline ~ Tow Package ~ OEMMM///S38B38

Quote Originally Posted by 530iTouring
    Keep looking.

I just did my whole sunroof laden headliner for $250. Bought the material of ebay for $140.

Man it looks great
    Can you give us some more details, what material did you use and what kind of adhesive? My headliner is starting to sag quite badly and I have been wanting to redo it for a while, but I wasn't really sure where to begin.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo
    Can you give us some more details, what material did you use and what kind of adhesive? My headliner is starting to sag quite badly and I have been wanting to redo it for a while, but I wasn't really sure where to begin.

Thanks.
    ebay > search > bmw headliner

The seller is from Georgia. OEM fabric at proper thickness.

Then find a quality hispanic upholstery shop, bring the fabric and have them do it.

In one day it's done, and the visual reward is astounding. It's a total feel good repair. No more flapping shite, no more glue smell and particulate matter flying around.

~6 speed~ Rear Fogs ~ Shadowline ~ Tow Package ~ OEMMM///S38B38

what is the ebay seller's name
    1994 540ia|Oxford Green Metallic|Lemforder|KYB in H&R|18" OE Staggered M-Parallel with Pirelli P-Zero

Was difficult to install? I am really tempted to try it out based on the quotes I am recieving.
    FS: PBR Deluxe rear brake pads [new]

I thought someone on here recovered their parcel shelf with auto grade carpet.... I'll do a search later. I'm trying to figure out what to do with mine. I bought one out of a parts car that is in better shape than mine but I still want to recover the original and put it back in.

I had mine redone with automotive-grade carpet by a local shop. Not only was it cheap (<$50 when I carried it in with the mouse fur foamy stuff already cleaned off), but I really liked the final result a lot better than the OEM material. More durable, holds up better to sunlight, and even made things a little bit quieter from back there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast