My fan clutch has stuck in the *locked up* position. We always hear about over heating issues when the fan clutch fails and the fan won't spin fast enough, but the exact opposite happened to me.

I'm a little worried the stress of turning the fan at 3,000rpms on a regular basis with the clutch fully locked up is going to either break up the fan, snap a belt, or damage the water pump. I guess we'll wait and see.

On the up side, my car really and truely sounds like a jet engine every single time i accelerate. People stare as i go by wondering what the hell is going on under the hood.

I might take a look at it, but the front end of my car kindof sort-of got smashed in last month and now there's only like.. a 1cm clearence between the radiator and the fan oh, and to make the hood fit on semi-right i had to take off the hindge and use wires to wire the hood to the chassis. So it doens;t exactly open.... at all.

Yeah i forgot to mention my car accident to the forum, I haven't been on in the while.

I rear-ended a truck on a busy street in heavy traffic because i'm an easily distractible idiot. Anyway, i have nomore head llights, no grill, no headlight surround things, the bumper broke off, fog lights gone, tow hook covers destroyed. Horns cracked, Aux cooling fan done-in. My r134a all leaked out where the cooling pipe cracked from the impact. It also crushed in the front of my car about 8 inches. It buckled the hood pretty good too. AT first i had to get it towed because the engine fan was touched the radiator and couldn't spin freely. But once i got it back to my house a sledge hammer and some metal pipe pried things apart enough for the fan to move freely. I had to break off the radiator shroud too for clearance

I managed to put the slightly-mangled bumper back on, and i salvaged my old turn signals from the closet ( i knew i saved those for a reason!). I bought 5$ head lights for (probably) some random ford truck at my local auto parts store and then used a 2 part epoxy to glue them to the bumper. I then proceeded to wirethem ever-so-skillfully to the old harnesses.

P.S. Ryan R, I work like across the street from you ( i think). i see your black 525 nearly every day. I think i saw you gasping at the front end damage to my bmw one day feel free to drop by Martin Appliance and give it a look over!