GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: General Module - E32 vs E34

Default General Module - E32 vs E34

Just another dumb question - are the General Modules on the E32 and E34 (from around the same build year) similar and compatible, if not - what differences can be expected? A local second hand spares shop told me they're the same and I thought that before spending that kinda cash, to check first. He didn't even know from what year this E32 module was from, but said "early 90's". The part numbers were different, but idiot that I am, I didn't make a note of that one's number . Should I stay away?

I hope you mean the module under the backseat?We call it the ground module here in Belgium.They coult be the same but you have the same number.Every general module is made by the options of the car.If you put a different in it you will have a chance that for example the door locking is'nt working good.
    The same is with every module.Even computers like that one from the ABS is different on most cars.
    Correct me if i'm wrong but this what they told me here.

sorry to hijack, but would i have to change my gm if i wanted to put in some power seats?

I don't think so because power seats cables are allready in the car.I don't know how it is with memory and heating.Coult couse problems with other thing like OBC or else.
    General module is more a ground module.Just the things who are important to run the car in a proper way and gives impulses to other modules and relays as far as i know.

thanks again dude

If you want to install memory seats, you need a memory module which sits usually under driver's seat and controls the outer mirrors, the seat, backrest (telescopic electric steering wheel in case of E32), and you need sensors under the seats that find out where the seats are always. The mirros are different inside and have more cables. Also the seat switch is different inside.