GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Premium sound option and an aftermarket radio.

Quote Originally Posted by mkaareng
    Do the American E34's have 10 speakers? I can only count 8.
    I believe so, but have never seen a US 535
    ie it should be
    4 rear (tweeters+woofers)
    6 front (tweetersin door, mids in dash +woofers in kick panels)

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

Hmmm..

Nice write up! I have seen you respond to other members in the past…You defiantly have an excellent technical background and great writing skills!

Electronics is my occupation, however audio stuff is something I never paid attention too. Passive filters are universal apply to more than audio.. so thankfully I do understand what I’m looking at.

Anyway It occurred to me today that the crossover section is too important to loose. After reading your post, I think I’ll toss the idea of building a bypass harness and try and salvage the crossover section.

I like your idea of pitching the OE power section and utilizing the crossover with a high power amp.

My OE amp has the power transistors and the crossover components mounted to the main circuit board. There are two little circuit boards mounted at right angle to the main circuit board. Each board has a single 20 pin DIP M5243P12. A quick check on the net says this chip is a tone control three- element EQ. No data sheet were found. Perhaps these little boards are tuned to the particular cabin?? Hard to say at this point.

The amp has two 12 pin connectors. One black and one white. The part number is 65.12-8 350 407.

It sounds like you have experience in hacking the BMW OE amps. It sounds like mine is closer to the 535 description you gave.. or did I misread that?

Am I in the right direction or did I miss something?
    SOLD!

Can you guys check this out? I posted this, didn't want to repeat myself here.

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthr...351#post207351

I gave up on trying to salvage the OEM trunk amp because of the grounding issues. BMW combines the speaker level output grounds prior to conecting to the amp. This is not acceptable with a modern headunit.

its time to rewire the car and install aftermarket crossovers and amps. More $$.....

As a minimalist, this is certanly not something I would do.... however i really want the stupid ipod controls built in to the HU.

BTW... my keyboard has been busted for a few days now. been using the silly microsoft "on screen" keyboard. really sucks.
    SOLD!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12