GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need some advice on Spring Sets

Default Need some advice on Spring Sets

Hello Folks,

I'm looking to upgrade my springs next...Was wondering if you guys can offer some advice on what you guys would put on your own E34's...My choices are Racing Dynamics, Eibach, or H&R...I have a 1992 525i E34/M50...If anyone has any of the springs installed already, can you give your input as well? Appreciate guys!

NW

you're gonna get your balls busted for not searching before asking...

many owners are using all of those spring sets and they've written about them extensively. i use H&R and i'm happy with them.
    1994 540ia|Oxford Green Metallic|Lemforder|KYB in H&R|18" OE Staggered M-Parallel with Pirelli P-Zero

hello evan,

thanks for the reply...yes, i did a search prior to posting in this section of the board for "spring sets" or "eibach" and there was just too much from the list to sniff through while at break at work...lol...sorry about the post...another question for your H&R...can i use my stock shocks with it, or do i need to change the shocks as well?

NW

PS. sorry...newbie on board

you can use stock shocks... your front end will be lowered... they say 1.5 inches --- mine looks like 4'' --- l o w w w w wwww
    1994 540ia|Oxford Green Metallic|Lemforder|KYB in H&R|18" OE Staggered M-Parallel with Pirelli P-Zero

You don't want to use stock shocks with aftermarket springs. They are probably blown anyway and if they are not you'll just wear them out too quick. Just do it right the first time so you don't have to go back with the spring compressor.
    FS: PBR Deluxe rear brake pads [new]

I've had RD and H&R and would recommend the H&R over the two.

Racing Dynamics were pretty low and not quite stiff enough for my taste. The H&R's are a little closer to stock (maybe 3/4" drop vs. about twice that for the RD's)

Adjustable Koni's and H&R are a good combo, though there are probably many good combo's out there. I've got very little dive under braking and decent turn in with the Koni's at 1/2 stiff.

Get some sways too, they make a HUGE difference. For those I recommend the RD Adjustable sways. Maximbello had some pics of Jeff N a few weeks ago and darn if it didn't look like the inside tire was off the ground from the RD sways.
    Robin

72 Chevy K10
    01 E39 M5

It would be nice to see a spread sheet of suspension upgrades itemized by bodystyle, engine and transmission, and wheel size.

that way you could find your same car and look at the mods for it, and then read commentary about each one.

whose up for that? Regal?

Current config eg:

94 E34 touring
    3.0 v8
    5hp-18 (A5S 310Z)
    Stock Springs w/ Bilstein sports upfront
    LAD in rear
    17" T-stars

Then see what mod's others with the same config have chosen.

In my case, I am looking to keep same ride with just a visual mod of decreasing the gap. maybe reduce body roll, but no harsh ride desired.

So, what would be a recommendation for me?

I'll hang up and listen

~6 speed~ Rear Fogs ~ Shadowline ~ Tow Package ~ OEMMM///S38B38

I have the eibach pro-kit with bilstein sports and I'm liking the combination so far.

Hmmm a good e34 wiki... anyway, definitely search. There is a wealth of info.
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

Many people... probably 20-30 use Bilsteins with H&R or Eibach springs...

I use KYB/H&R and I'm very happy... shocks and springs cost me $500 shipped

I did the install myself so i can give you a lot of help if you choose to do it yourself

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast