GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: E34 OBC "trunk open" message anyone?

Loke Guest

Default E34 OBC "trunk open" message anyone?

Does the OBC warn you when the trunk on the E34 is opened? On my dads E32 the OBC says "trunk open" but not on my E34. However, my aftermarket alarm goes of if opening the trunk, and its using the stock sensors AFAICS.

If E34s should warn about open trunk, where do I start to look for fault?

Default Have never seen this warning from the Check Control ...

according to drawings for 1992, pin 13 of X19 (Green connector below CCM) brings the "Lift gate open warning relay" signal (K64/X297), but there is no reference to them on the component location charts and views, and the pin assignment on the same drawing states Pin 13/X19 Not Used, so guess this feature is not implemented, at least on 1992 E34. Also open door switches different to drivers door seem to be reported only on M5 versions of 1992 E34. As a fact, my car 535ia does not report opened doors other than drivers door.

Default As usual, he fails to state year and model. Possibly

a feature of later cars. (Or possibly drug-induced hallucinations.)

Quote Originally Posted by Javier
    according to drawings for 1992, pin 13 of X19 (Green connector below CCM) brings the "Lift gate open warning relay" signal (K64/X297), but there is no reference to them on the component location charts and views, and the pin assignment on the same drawing states Pin 13/X19 Not Used, so guess this feature is not implemented, at least on 1992 E34. Also open door switches different to drivers door seem to be reported only on M5 versions of 1992 E34. As a fact, my car 535ia does not report opened doors other than drivers door.

Loke Guest

My dads E32 is a 1992 model, and my E34 is a 1991. (He gets the trunk warning btw) Is it even possible to wire this up, as in the components are already there and you only need to connect new wires correctly?

I would like the trunk open warning, and also the open door warning on all 4 doors. Suggestions?

Default In 1991 schematics, X19 13 does not ....

seem to be the trunk switch, it's connected to Unloader Relay terminal 61?? Green X19 pin 26 and Blue X18 pin 5 are the doors (M5 at least, grounded when open).

I would start messing with these terminals and see what is reported by CCM.

Loke Guest

Thanks for excellent reply!

1 more question. How do I access the terminals? Does this involve tearing down the dash or is there some other easy access way? Thanks again :-)

Default The check control module is not in the dash but ...

in the front power distribution box (Fuse box on engine bay), just besides the fuses and the LKM (Light control module). If you pull up the CCM (Clearly marked) you will see at the bottom of the box two connectors, one is green the other blue. Your problem will be to access those connectors keeping the CCM connected. Guess you can do some disassembly so to have the CCM out of the box but with both connectors plugged.