GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Car is completely dead. Why?

Default Car is completely dead. Why?

I went to go to work on Tuesday morning and turn the key nothing, however the lights on the dash worked, as did the headlights. I had no time so I went to work. When I got home in the evening I tried the car again and this time it was completely dead, no lights in the dash or anything. Turn the keynothing not eventhe starter trying to turn the car on.

Is this just a battery issue or does is sound like something more? and if so why would th ebattery just up and die like that. Nothing was left on in the car I had done nothing out of the ordinary. I'mcalling AAA tomorrow for a jump and hopefully that will give it enough energy to get it to the shop. Is there anything in particular I should be concerned about?

1990 535i automatic

Recently installed a device of some kind of left the parking/interior lights on? It sounds like you have some current drain going on that took your battery below capacity before you got in, then finished it off completely during the day.

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

I haven't done that and to my knowledge nothing has been added before I got it. I bout it in August from a used car dealer. There is an aftermarket radio/cd player in it but I din't knwo when that was installed. oh wait, I just had a new fuel pump installed the week before when it died on my in traffic. I wouldn't think that would drain the battery though.

But it does sound like a battery issue to you?

Quote Originally Posted by artemis626
    I went to go to work on Tuesday morning and turn the key nothing, however the lights on the dash worked, as did the headlights. I had no time so I went to work. When I got home in the evening I tried the car again and this time it was completely dead, no lights in the dash or anything. Turn the keynothing not eventhe starter trying to turn the car on.

Is this just a battery issue or does is sound like something more? and if so why would th ebattery just up and die like that. Nothing was left on in the car I had done nothing out of the ordinary. I'mcalling AAA tomorrow for a jump and hopefully that will give it enough energy to get it to the shop. Is there anything in particular I should be concerned about?

1990 535i automatic
    Try this thread ... might be of some use to you.

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthr...381#post202381

Look for the DME.I was having the same with my 530I from 89.
    First put in a new petrolpump and he was driving again.After a week i stopt for a smoke and after that it didnt want to start anymore.
    It went out that my computer was dead.