GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pinzgauer!

Default Pinzgauer!

Any of you familiar with the rig and care to talk about it? One for sale locally, sold a car last weekend and need some candy to cheer me up. The local is a 710 - about a meter shorter than a 525BMW, 2.5 liter aircooled, may not corner as quickly.... but has other atributes.

http://www.real4x4.com/PINZGAUER.shtml

That is a trip. What year is the local one and what are they asking for it? Where do you foresee yourself driving this beast?
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

The local is a '74 - asking $9000. Be a damn silly thing to buy, though if we had a chunk of land i could pretend it was reasonable. It's a tractor! Not supposed to be very fuel efficient. Or half fast. As far as where could it be driven - anywhere comes to mind. Think we saw a couple coming out of the jungle down near Sayulita Mx, being used as jungle tour rigs. I just think they and Unimogs are way too cool. But I think Scion xBs look good (except for the front bumper).

At least your wife would never have to worry about you picking up any women in it.
    1990 535i
    117,000mi
    Feederick, MD

If it has **** or tires, you are going to have problems.

GET IT! GET IT! GET IT! Just think of the fun you can have intimidating all the putzs in H2s! And parking it millimeters away from a Land Rover or Lexus ute will horrify their well coiffed gentrified drivers.
    Only a tracked vehicle could be more offensive fun.
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

Default They're really kind of small

The guy I was going to buy a VW thing from has one.

I think I would stick to something more mainstream, you may be hard pressed for parts and information in english.

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

What the heck are those things on the right hand side? The blue, yellow, and white vertical rods?

http://www.real4x4.com/Images/Pinz2.JPG
    1990 535i
    117,000mi
    Feederick, MD

If it has **** or tires, you are going to have problems.

What the heck are those things on the right hand side? The blue, yellow, and white vertical rods?
    Differential lock controls for front and rear as well as a high/low selector. It's explained in the very first link given in this thread.

i remember early lanrovers had black red yellow "gearknobs",one for normal one for 4wd,one for low range .
    Gone but not forgotten

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast