GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone running Falken or Federal tires?

Default Anyone running Falken or Federal tires?

I'm thinking about getting some tires, and haven't decided. I have pirreli pzero nero 235/40/18's, and they seem to wear out pretty quick, and they pull the car when in a rutt. Soft sidewalls. any good sugestions? Price to spend $500 US. I have friends that use Falken, and Federal tires, and have pretty good results. None on BMW's though.

I have run Falken (326) on a number of my cars and found they wear a long time but that is because the rubber compound is hard, hence less grip. I find that they are noisy too. I have some on my Acura and they sound like truck tires, "thrumming" sound.

What are you looking for in a tire?. Grip or long life? You will sacrifice one for the other. Check the treadwear ratings.

I run Yokohama AVS ES100's on my Italian car and love them, quiet and grippy, treadwear rating of 280. The fronts for 92.00 each and the rears for 120.00 each. They won't last more than 25k at the most.

I have Proxes +4 on my 530i. I think the treadwear is 320. About right for a heavier car like this. They are a little noisy too but tolerable. All for 100 or less. They seem to grip okay but I don't feel like I can push them like the Yokohamas.

My car came with federals...seemed like a good tire, they didn't last long though since I need an alignment

NovceGuru
    1993 525iA M50TU
    Black on Black...need pics
    208,888 miles

all in all I have to drive a lot, the Falkens 512s have served me well. They tend to be a bit noisey on concrete but not repulsive, they are round and grip great till half worn and hydroplane. I will replace them with new ones without research, good round tires are welcome after 3 sets of out of round POS tires you get at discount tire. where else can you get 4 great long lasting treads for under $300 buks?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

I've had good results with Bridgestone Protenzas. I used Michelins for years and found half of them defective, IMHO they are overpriced and over rated.

#1 criteria for tire selection: they be round

damn right, but without mounting them on a rim it's hard. so what do you do besides the guess and mount scenereo?

Quote Originally Posted by KenB
    I've had good results with Bridgestone Protenzas. I used Michelins for years and found half of them defective, IMHO they are overpriced and over rated.

#1 criteria for tire selection: they be round
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

You're right, I was just being a smart ass.

There is no way to tell by looking at them. Gotta mount 'em to see how they ride...goes for horses and heifers too.

Quote Originally Posted by Spasso
    I have run Falken (326) on a number of my cars and found they wear a long time but that is because the rubber compound is hard, hence less grip. I find that they are noisy too. I have some on my Acura and they sound like truck tires, "thrumming" sound.

What are you looking for in a tire?. Grip or long life? You will sacrifice one for the other. Check the treadwear ratings.

I run Yokohama AVS ES100's on my Italian car and love them, quiet and grippy, treadwear rating of 280. The fronts for 92.00 each and the rears for 120.00 each. They won't last more than 25k at the most.

I have Proxes +4 on my 530i. I think the treadwear is 320. About right for a heavier car like this. They are a little noisy too but tolerable. All for 100 or less. They seem to grip okay but I don't feel like I can push them like the Yokohamas.

What italian car is that?

I was doign Warehouse work today getting ready for the winter tire rush and noticed some ES100's in my staggard fitment and started drooling.

I got Falkein 512's on the 7 right now, good for normal driving but aggresive you'd be better off trying the Falkein 451 or 452's

Quote Originally Posted by AllGo'n'Show
    What italian car is that?
    Ferrari 308 GTS

It will be going up for sale soon so I can move into somehthing a little bigger.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

You drive it hard with the ES100's on or just like you had your kid int he back?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast