GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Wipers acting up??? had anyone had problems with wipers?

Default Wipers acting up??? had anyone had problems with wipers?

Oh boy when one thing goes wrong it seems to have everything else break at the same time.

I have not used my wipers in a long time, but now it seems that my wiper is starting to act up.

When first turn on the wipers the low setting works then after a bit it will freeze usually in the middle of the windshield.. then the only way to get them to move is go up a speed and then after a bit that setting too freezes.....arrrrrr...anyways then i am stuck on the fast speed and usually then by that time the rain has let up to you would use the low setting but i cant by then and i look like an idiot sitting at a light with a drizzle of rain and the wipers going full speed. if I move the setting down to a lower speed they will freeze for anywhere from 30 sec to more then a min. and i am not on that setting. Also if you just push down on the wiper selector to make the wipers sweep only once they get stuck half way. so then i have to predd it again. in order to get them to lay flat.... I am guessing this is not the motor but maybe a relay also the strange thing is that i maybe be completely but the speed of the car also seems to affect the movement....not 100 % sure... Anyone got any ideas or had this trouble in the past?
    John Rebolledo
    703-597-3239
    1995 525i ,1997 Z3
    1996 Volvo 850R Turbo
    shopping for a 2001 740il w/sports package

www.JohnRSells.com
    [IMG][/IMG]

Do a search for speed sensor. Or visit my website and look for Bruno's page, where that is mentioned. Speed sensor sits on rear of the final drive/differential.

I had a similar problem. Thought it was the wiper motor, and that it was all screwed up. It turned out, that the nut was loose there the "arm" or mechanism that moved the blades meets the motor. So the motor would turn, but would not always make the blades move with it.

The issue started by the wipers stopping in the middle of the windshield after a wipe. Turned out to be an easy fix. Check it out, before ripping everything apart. You should be able to see the nut and the other parts only by popping the hood and looking inside.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun
    Do a search for speed sensor. Or visit my website and look for Bruno's page, where that is mentioned. Speed sensor sits on rear of the final drive/differential.
    Absolutely right. If not check the fusible link. Not much else can affect it like this. Nick

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

Quote Originally Posted by NielsGalan
    I had a similar problem. Thought it was the wiper motor, and that it was all screwed up. It turned out, that the nut was loose there the "arm" or mechanism that moved the blades meets the motor. So the motor would turn, but would not always make the blades move with it.

The issue started by the wipers stopping in the middle of the windshield after a wipe. Turned out to be an easy fix. Check it out, before ripping everything apart. You should be able to see the nut and the other parts only by popping the hood and looking inside.
    Had the same problem. One of the flawed designs with the E34s deals with the hood and wipers. Many E34s you see will have a small area of clearcoat/paint missing right where it rubs up against the lower part of the wiper arm.

Make sure you check the nuts for the wipers, I bet it will fix your problem
    1990 Islandgrun 535iM Sedan

3k oil changes | Euro lights + trim | Eibach/Bilstein | EAT Chip