GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally finishing the sound system today! Subs/AMP Installed

Default Finally finishing the sound system today! Subs/AMP Installed

The car is at the stereo shop, gracing their garage with the beautiful E34. I finally decided to dust off the subs i've had in my basement (new) for a month, and get them installed. They are 2 Alpine SWR-1242D's and are going to be powered by a Hifonics Brutus BXI1206D Mono Block Class D 1200 watt amp. I figured I might as well go the whole 9 and get a custom box made. This box will match, as close as possible, the interior lining of the trunk. I'm know that I will rarely play this thing at full volume, or anywhere near there, while in the car. I just dropped it off, so with the custom box, and sub/amp wiring, it should be done by 3pm (right around the time I need to go to work). But hopefully I'll get it a bit sooner and snap some pics for you guys. Wish there was a way to capture the bass, and shake your screens with it. :-P
    Rondell 58's|Eibach Springs|B&B Tri-Flow Exhaust|Shadowline|S/D Rotors|KYB Struts

ooohhhh I wanna see pictures of this

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    You're my hero.

I hope they mount the amp where I told them to, I really don't want it mounted on the box... But we'll see. I opted to have them mount the same place the factory amp was mounted (i removed some time back). It would be nice and out of sight, until I measure and cut a rectangle out to let the illuminated "HiFonics" blue led light/logo shine through. But if they mount on the box.... I'll just take it off and move it
    Rondell 58's|Eibach Springs|B&B Tri-Flow Exhaust|Shadowline|S/D Rotors|KYB Struts

The factory amp is behind the driver-side taillight, whats behind the rear seat in your trunk is the car phone reciever, if I'm not mistaken.
    1990 Islandgrun 535iM Sedan

3k oil changes | Euro lights + trim | Eibach/Bilstein | EAT Chip

Yes, I was going to mount in the trunk, behind the drivers side tail light. I had that removed a while back when trying to figure out what the problem was with my speakers. Ended up bypassing that amp, and wiring all 6 speakers (+4 tweeters) to the head unit. Works just perfect! :-D

i hope they port it through the ski hole and make sure the ports are at least flush with the hole itself.. even a 1-2 inch recess will leave a lot of the bass captured in the trunk.

i mean.. with those subs and that amp you will still have the juice but .. it just amazes me how much that trunk muffles sound. i removed all my sound-deadening lining behind the seats and the back dash.. and it made no difference.

alternately i have heard that porting in the direction of the rear of the car somehow makes the bass louder. that's how i have it in my 850 but i'm running two completely different setups (more juice in 850) so it's not a fair comparison

anyway.. hope it works out well for u
    -inc

'91 e31 850
    '90 e34 535
    '02 CBR F4i stunt/track bike
    '07 gsxr 750 stunt bike

how much is a custom box gunna run you???

Quote Originally Posted by angrypancake
    ooohhhh I wanna see pictures of this
    Same here.

95 540iA: Euro Clears & More Mods to Come Soon!
    Sacramento, CA USA

Not too much, $240, $90 more than the pre-fab box I was going to pick up.

I was working on trying to pop that metal plate for the ski hole out, but worked on it for a while and couldn't get it out. Any ideas on what to try? In my 89 525i, the ski hole was free, and made SOOO MUCH difference when the arm rest was down, opposed to closed. But I tried for about an hour, and couldn't really get it to budge loose at all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast