GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: no a/c -> dual climate control

Default no a/c -> dual climate control

ok, this is the story. my car has no a/c. a friend of mine is parting out a 525i with dual climate control. so, you guessed it, i want to upgrate mine to what he has. the price for parts is realy not important as he will give me everything i need for 200$ or something. i know it's a lot of work and i got all chances to get it wrong, but i'm gonna do it anyway. So, my problem is what exactly do i need to take off his car? I allready got the engine bay stuff, compressor, evap, etc and tomorrow we are going to attack the dash.
    I know i got to get the radiator, pannel, stepper motors, rear ducts, etc but i realy don't want to miss anything as the car will be gone in a week or so.
    So, if anybody can make a list of stuff to get other than the obvious it whould be great. I realy gonna need some help to get this one right

bump?

My god you are ambitious!
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

My 89 e34 has dual climate control. I'm surprised that yours doesn't. In any case, you might consider buying a new reciever/dryer. Really all you should need is a good compressor. If your aux fan is functional then your condensor should be good unless it has a whole in it. Just remember that our cars (89-90) have the receiver/dryer with two switch connectors as opposed to 1 for the high and low switch.
    BMWCCA Member #330940
    Bayou Chapter, Louisiana

i got the dryer, compressor , lines, rad, aux fan, rear ducts from the donor car, stiil have to get all the stuff in the dash. the problem is that my car had no a/c on it from the factory. i hope i have some of the wiering on it, but i didn't pull the dash on mine yet coz i have to drive it. my problem is what to take from the donor car's dash... to clarify things i got the dash with 3 round knobs, left, right and fan ,3 sliders and no a/c button, just a BIG rear defrost button. the donor has the one with 3 horizontal knobs. automatic climate controll something.

Quote Originally Posted by skr
    i got the dryer, compressor , lines, rad, aux fan, rear ducts from the donor car, stiil have to get all the stuff in the dash. the problem is that my car had no a/c on it from the factory. i hope i have some of the wiering on it, but i didn't pull the dash on mine yet coz i have to drive it. my problem is what to take from the donor car's dash... to clarify things i got the dash with 3 round knobs, left, right and fan ,3 sliders and no a/c button, just a BIG rear defrost button. the donor has the one with 3 horizontal knobs. automatic climate controll something.
    Just take THE WHOLE DASH and worry about the parts you need when you install. The dryer is toast so I don't know why you avoided roderickbs suggestion on that. When installing, you might consider replacing the heater core as you sure as hell don't want to have to go in again. I'd budget 2 weeks with the car in pieces as you want to be methodical about it rather than end up with a rattley dash and things that sometimes work or always don't. Its all old and brittle so respect and patience will be the name of the game, otherwise don't bother.

I'd take the ebox, wiring loom, fuse/relay box and everything under the back seat too. just to be sure.

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

i whould defenatly take the whole dash but the guy won't give it to me. about the dryer, if it doesn't work i'll get a new one, but my main concern is wiering... heater core was done last year, i swore i ain't pulling the dash again, but hey, guess what... i am
    2 weeks seams a bit long, was realy hoping to get it done in a week or so, as i hate to drive my car from work ('05 renault megane 1.6i)